D.C. Area Babies
Options

photo cake?

I need to order two cakes that have photos imprinted into the icing. I thought Safeway did this but the bakery said no. Anyone know of NoVa bakeries who do this? Google is failing me today.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: photo cake?

• Options
    Hollin Hall Pastry shop does it.  I think Shoppers also does too--I know someone who got it done there.  Good luck.
  • Options

I would call your nearest groceries stores other than Safeway, Giant, Harris Teeter, Wegman's. One of them should be able to do it!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had Giant print a cake with a pdf, so I assume it would be similar for a picture.  That being said, we were not happy with the quality.  It looked blurry, but they said they were having problems with their printer.   We were kind of ticked off since they didn't tell us they were having problems when we ordered the cake, and then they didn't tell us about the issues when we picked it up, they just waited for us to ask why it looked blurry.  So I have no idea how it would look normally, but Giant can do pictures. 
  • Options
    imageSofka:

I would call your nearest groceries stores other than Safeway, Giant, Harris Teeter, Wegman's. One of them should be able to do it!

I have called that is why I am asking everyone here. I am in Arlington/Alexandria and have tried Safeway, Giant, Harris Teeter and Costco.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wegmans in Fairfax does it-- though that may be a bit far for you...haven't gotten one myself, but i was looking at cake options last week and they had a whole section in their book.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"