Pregnant after 35
Options

Integrated screen

Ok so the screen came back with a chance for Down's, but the preliminary results of the amnio are fantastic.  So far all the screens have come back normal and that includes the Down's screen. And we have found out we are having a baby girl.  So hurry up and get to term so we can meet you Miss Caitlyn Sloane Drew, Mommy is tired of waiting.

Re: Integrated screen

• Options

Congrats!!! That is great news!  And have to say - that is one BEAUTIFUL name!  :)

How did you find the amnio experience overall?  Did you decide to have one bc of your initial quad screen/NT results, or did you go straight to the amnio?

Just curious - I got the quad screen/NT combined results back today, and will do sequential for the bloodwork, but - have decided I won't probably do the amnio unless the results look dubious to me or cause me concern.  So far, no worries - but...the sequential's not for a few weeks yet.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is great news. Congrats on having a little girl. Girls are wonderful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did the integrated screen but were already set up for the amnio appt.  My Dr thought that due to my age it was better to be safe than sorry so to say. The overall experience wasn't bad just kinda nerve wracking because I never had to have one with any of my other pregnancies probably because I was soooo much younger.  Besides we got DEFINATE confirmation on the sex no guess work on an ultrasound.  We will be doing many more ultrasounds and stress test before this little girl gets here though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"