Preemies
Options

FYI re Synagis

Hi ladies,

My boys are now 8 months and were born at 33 weeks. My pedi pushed our insurance company and we just found out that we are approved for synagis for both boys for the entire season (Nov-March shots). 

I wanted to share because technically, my boys don't qualify for coverage. However, my pedi calling the insurance company directly and insisting on coverage worked wonders. I believe he also wrote them a letter explaining our boys' risks of RSV (outside of the stated risk qualifiers). I asked his nurse about this and she said that whenever the pedi calls and writes directly, they get their patients approved.

If possible, you should put pressure on your pedis to get you coverage for this season. If your pedi won't advocate for you, find one who will.  Don't accept them telling you there is nothing they can do because it is not true. 

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FYI re Synagis

• Options

I'm glad to hear that your doctor took a stand. That's so wonderful.

My DD was born during flu/RSV season two years ago and her pedi wasn't sure if the insurance company would approve her for synagis or not. But they did. 

• Options

Glad your pedi was able to get your insurance company to approve the shots.  

I'm still waiting to hear back from the appeal on JS's shots. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"