Special Needs
Options

Day one of Cranial Band

Today my LO got a cranial band (starband), whenever they were first putting it on it seemed SO tight and she took it away a couple of times to cut some areas out but to me it still seems so tight and is a pain in the ass to get on and off, it's really like the worst part of the entire thing. Is this normal? or should I call and let them know my concerns.

Re: Day one of Cranial Band

• Options
    My DS had a cranial molding helmet.  I had such a hard time getting it on and off the first few times.  I really started to panic, and I made my husband do it.  But the second day, I stayed home with DS to take it off every 2 hours, as instructed.  We both figured out what we were doing, and it was smooth sailing for the next 6 months.  It made a huge difference & I'm so happy we did it.  Good luck!
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options

This helps so much because just doing it today where it was on and off every house I was really freaking out and getting frustrated because I am just so unsure, but I am hoping for  a better day tomorrow! 

Thanks so much for the advice, I am feeling more confident about tomorrow!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Our son had a helmet for cranial molding. The first day was tough. He was fussy, it was hot as heck outside, we were all miserable.

It got better from then on out and we never had any more issues. If you have any concerns that it just isn't fitting properly I would call the doctor, that's what they're there for!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hey there!

My DS wore a DOC Band so it's a somewhat different design but works the same way. If you are concerned re: fit, definitely call your orthotist and schedule an appointment.  It should fit snugly but not TOO tightly. If there are red spots that remain after the helmet has been off for an hour, you should leave it off. But definitely call if you haven't already (saw the post was earlier and it's now 10 pm EST).

There are great groups on Babycenter and also on Yahoo for Plagiocephaly. I used to post there (Babycenter one) a lot when my son was banded.

Links to groups: https://community.babycenter.com/groups/a52465/plagiocephaly_support

https://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Plagiocephaly/

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"