New York Babies

Daycare costs

Does anyone know the average cost for full time daycare for a 3 month old infant? 

Or the average cost of a full time nanny?

Thank you!! 

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daycare costs

• i don't know prices for nanny, but full-time daycare will be anywhere from 1700 to 2600.  we had to get extended hours because of the nature of our work, but keep in mind, anything past 9 to 5 IS extended hours - if you're dropping off at 8:45 to get to work by 9, you're paying for the hour from 8 to 9.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Full-time daycare at the center in my neighborhood (Lower East Side) was $1,800 a month. Based on this, I'm planning to work part-time, mostly from home, and rely on a relative a couple afternoons per week to babysit.

• Loading the player...
  • $900 for four days here in Queens (little less I think).  
  • What day care do you use inLES?  I'm not finding many options in the village area!  If anyone has any suggestions please pass along, daycare for 2 mo old.  Thanks.
  • Hi there! I am new to the area too. My friend recently toured a brand new school in Battery Park. They are the only ones in the area who take infants. She loved it. Said it was clean and affordable. It is called The Learning Experience. You should check it out. 
  • imageRiverdaleMommy:
    Hi there! I am new to the area too. My friend recently toured a brand new school in Battery Park. They are the only ones in the area who take infants. She loved it. Said it was clean and affordable. It is called The Learning Experience. You should check it out. 

they're not the only ones in the area that take infants.  we went to bright horizons at 20 pine for a while.  it was actually a really wonderful place, though on the higher end of the price range.  we recently switched to fed kids, just because of the discount.  and if it weren't sooooo much cheaper, we'd be back at 20 pine in a heartbeat.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi there! Technically 20 Pine is not Battery Park it is more the financial district. And I agree it is expensive. The Learning Experience sounded much more affordable..just a suggestion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"