Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Monday eco-confession

There's a new dollar store by my office.  A co-worker & I have been stalking it and it finally opened this week.  It was so clean and glorious, but of course, so not EF.

I bought:  cleaning cloths for the bathroom, halloween-themed zip-top snack bags for the school bake sale, pretzel m&m's, a plastic spray bottle for homemade cleaner and a practice writing pad for my five yr old (you know, the ones with the three lines).

::prepares for EFFer punishment::

Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
Posts on cloth trainers/PLing

Re: Monday eco-confession

• Options
    I love the dollar store. ::ducks::
  • Options

You bought re-usable cleaning cloths vs. paper towels and a spray bottle to make homemade natural cleaner vs. chemically throw away cleaners. I see this as a win. No punishment from me. Sorry! lol

Except maybe you should share some of those M&Ms. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelucy460:
    imageDobie_Mama:

You bought re-usable cleaning cloths vs. paper towels and a spray bottle to make homemade natural cleaner vs. chemically throw away cleaners. I see this as a win. No punishment from me. Sorry! lol

This. But if you secretly bought a big pack of syrofoam plates that you're just not yet admitting to, then we need to have a Talk.

Hmmm.  That's "Talk" with a capital "T".  You.Are.In.Trouble. 

• Options
    I don't mind the spray bottles - sadly, that's where we've been able to buy the best ones.  Aih....  the only thing that I think deserves a soba noodle lashing is the snack bags (and the pretzel M&M's, because those sound gross).  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagepapagena:
    Aih....  the only thing that I think deserves a soba noodle lashing is the snack bags

But she can't bake sell her goods off in her MamaMade bags!

• Options
    I agree with Papa. Just don't start making a habit of going in there, though. Next thing ya know, you'll be buying mylar balloons and vienna sausages in a can.
  • Options
    LOL, no that's the entire list.  Ftr, though, I use the cleaning cloths once then throw away.  I clean both bathroom sinks with it, then both toilets.  Then toss.  So - not so EF.  The pretzel m&m's are gross (I hadn't tried them before) so they're going in the office kitchen for someone else to eat. 
  • Options

imageCABunny:
    LOL, no that's the entire list.  Ftr, though, I use the cleaning cloths once then throw away.  I clean both bathroom sinks with it, then both toilets.  Then toss.  So - not so EF.  The pretzel m&m's are gross (I hadn't tried them before) so they're going in the office kitchen for someone else to eat. 

Ok - I'm not cooking the soba noodle this time!!!!  *glares*  Are they cloth?  Why don't you reuse?   

• Options

imageCABunny:

Ok, in that case, two lashings. One for tossing the cloths and one for not sending the M&M cast offs to me.

• Options
    imagepapagena:

imageCABunny:

Ok - I'm not cooking the soba noodle this time!!!!  *glares*  Are they cloth?  Why don't you reuse?   

They're that weird in-between cloth/disposable.  I could see maybe being able to wash once and reuse, but not multiple times.  I'll PIP tonight.

I usually buy regular sponges at the dollar store & do the same thing (use in both bathrooms, then toss).  Wonder if that is better or worse?

If it makes the punishment less severe, I'll have you know that it's been years since I bought a roll of paper towels.  I use cloth for everything in the kitchen & for all cleaning other than bathroom.  Does that help at all?  I didn't think so.  :p

• Options
    Well, I'm not sure if I'm better or worse than you - we still buy paper towels, but I use rags on the bathrooms.  I probably create more waste.  I still think you should just get clothing cleaning cloths and wash on hot or with a bit of bleach.  And you didn't even have to share your M&M's!
  • Options

imagepapagena:
    Well, I'm not sure if I'm better or worse than you - we still buy paper towels, but I use rags on the bathrooms.  I probably create more waste.  I still think you should just get clothing cleaning cloths and wash on hot or with a bit of bleach.  And you didn't even have to share your M&M's!

Bleach?!?  ;)  I haven't bought bleach in years either.

• Options
    We haven't, either, but I still have some in the house!  ;)  I use it every so often in diapers ala the BG method of stripping.
  • Options
    Wait... how'd this become me defending MYself?  Hmmm...  *sadface*
  • Options

imagepapagena:

I'm tricky like that.

< 3 you!  (Note the space).  ;)

• Options
    imageCABunny:

imagepapagena:

I'm tricky like that.

< 3 you!  (Note the space).  ;)

:P  ;)   

• Options
    imageEnglishMajor03:
    imagelucy460:
    imageDobie_Mama:

This. But if you secretly bought a big pack of syrofoam plates that you're just not yet admitting to, then we need to have a Talk.

Hmmm.  That's "Talk" with a capital "T".  You.Are.In.Trouble. 

:sings: Trouble, with a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for Pool.

sorry, couldn't help myself.  

• Options
    imageDobie_Mama:

imagepapagena:
    Aih....  the only thing that I think deserves a soba noodle lashing is the snack bags

But she can't bake sell her goods off in her MamaMade bags!

OMG, I totally misread this as, "But she can't bake sell her goods off in her MamaCloth bags!"

I think I hurt myself laughing.

• Options
    Does it make me a nasty person if I use my microfiber cloths in the bathroom (including the toilet) and then just wash them? Maybe we need a poll...
    Photobucket

Cycle #11: BFP

• Options

imageLittleFuller:
    Does it make me a nasty person if I use my microfiber cloths in the bathroom (including the toilet) and then just wash them? Maybe we need a poll...

Nope, I think I'm the weirdo for not doing that.  ;)

• Options
    I bought a bottle of water at the expo :  I did bring it home to recycle though :D
    Check out The Eco-Friendly Family, a
    Green Living Blog
    for eco-information and fun giveaways!

• Options

imagepapagena:
    I don't mind the spray bottles - sadly, that's where we've been able to buy the best ones.  Aih....  the only thing that I think deserves a soba noodle lashing is the snack bags (and the pretzel M&M's, because those sound gross).  

pretzel M&M's gross??? thats CRAZY talk! mmm i lurve chocolate & pretzels!

imageimage
  • Options
    imageFLsteph7:

imagepapagena:

pretzel M&M's gross??? thats CRAZY talk! mmm i lurve chocolate & pretzels!

I love chocolate covered pretzels, but I have to admit that the pretzel M&M's were gross.  :( 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"