April 2012 Moms
Options

Do diapers expire??

I have a bunch of coupons that expire before my baby is due and I would like to space out my purchases so I dont have to spend a ton of money at once.  I was wondering if diapers expire so I can start buying them soon....  TIA!!  :)

Re: Do diapers expire??

• Options

No.  Just don't buy too many newborn since your LO might outgrow them fast.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Thanks!  I was going to get several different sizes..  thanks so much!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also - if you get too many of one size, Walmart will let you exchange unopened packs without a receipt.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Yea, I would be careful eith the sizes you buy. DD was 9lbs10oz so she never even saw newborn. Luckily I could exchange them, but be careful and keep recipts I guess.

I always think it's better to just save money than buy a bunch diapers now. You never know what brand will work for you and baby. Uu

BabyFetus Ticker 
                Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The brand will make a difference - I completely forgot about that.  Huggies are the only kind we used that didn't leak terribly.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Actually yes diapers do expire.  I used to work at the county hospital with pregnant teens and young women and the Pampers person who brought us donated diapers made sure to tell us that they do expire.  The material begins to break down making them less effective against leaks or other issues. 

There should be an expiration date on each package.  We often had to hurry and give out the ones that were about to expire because they wanted us to throw them out after their expiration date.

• Options
    I have heard that they do expire also. I personally would not pre-buy diapers. Everyone raved about Pampers and the hospital used pampers so I would have just bought Pampers. They SUCKED on DS. Literally every pee or poop was all over his clothes. Thank goodness we also got a Huggies sample at the hospital. We tried that and have literally never had one leak since. I would have been screwed if I had hundreds/thousands of Pampers sitting there. Honestly, I've never found a coupon that was a better deal than buying on Amazon mom anyway. They're still cheaper on there. I keep some coupons in case I space out and run out of diapers, but would never actually buy my "stock" from the store. 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options
    It's been my experience that girls do well in Pampers and boys do better in Huggies and I don't know why...maybe absorbency is in different zones or hip shape or whatever,
    DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • Options

We bought TONS of diapers when I was pregnant with DD and they were FINE!

Don't worry about them going bad. That has to take a LONG TIME for that to happen and they would have to be exposed. If you keep them in the package unopened, they should be fine!

-----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"