October 2011 Moms
Options

Where did you put your glider?

FIL bought us a rocking glider yesterday(oot oot!).  DH and I have different ideas about which room it should go in.

Are you putting yours in the baby's room or in a common room, like the living room?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where did you put your glider?

• Options

We have an upstairs loft area between all of the bedrooms and that is where we are putting the glider. We are picking it up from Buy Buy Baby today.

I have a rocking chair in the nursery that matches the furniture. Also, the nursery is a bit on the small size and the glider is huge so it made more sense to keep it in the loft area.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We put ours in the baby's room, but I do wonder if I'll want it out in the living room.  The baby's room doesn't have a TV or anything.  Sitting in the glider I just face the closet.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's going in the nursery, there's a small alcove area that it will fit perfectly in.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options

We put our glider in the baby's room next to the crib. My thought was that in the middle of the night I'd appreciate picking baby up out of the crib and plopping down in the glider to breast feed.

We also have a gliding rocker/recliner as part of our furniture set in our living room on the main floor so we can use that at times too.

Either way, YAY for a new glider from your FIL!!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have a rocking chair, not a glider, and it's going in our room (which is also the baby's room).  There's no where else to sit, other than the bed, so I want it in there.  If I want to feed in the living room I'll just sit on the couch.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options
    We skipped the glider route and went with a recliner. I have it in the living room for the time being, after LO gets a little older, is no longer sleeping in the PNP and I am able to climb stairs, we'll move it into the nursery.
  • Options
    Ours is in our bedroom (really it was the only place it would fit).
  • Options

My chair is in the living room, I don't have any room in the small nursery.

Sunburn - did you end up moving to So. Cal?  

• Options
    We put ours in our TV room which is where the kitchen is also.  I figured if I am going to be feeding and rocking in it then I wanted it in the room I spend the most time in.  This is what another friend with a baby told me to do so I am taking her advice!
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    Ours is in the nursery right now. We may move it into our room while he's in his bassinet with us, but haven't decided.
    BFP#1 10/5/09 | Heartbeat 11/1/09 | D&C 11/24/09 (no hb)
    BFP#2 02/18/11 * Beta@15dpo=215 * @18dpo=698 * @20dpo=2337 * @25dpo=10,931 * DS Arrived October 24, 2011
    BFP#3 08/12 | D&C 9/12 (no hb)
    BFP#4 Due May 1, 2014 Stick baby stick!
  • Options

Ours is in the nursery.  I never thought to put it anywhere else.  We have a recliner in the living room if I want something out there, and our house is small (2 bed condo) so I figure it won't be that far to walk anyway.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ours is in the nursery but she'll be sleeping in there from day 1 so it's the best place for us. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ours is in the nursery, in the back corner facing the middle of the room.  I plan on having books stashed near by if I want to nurse and read (my mom tells me she read TONS while she was nursing), and if I want to watch tv, I'll just sit in the living room.
  • Options
    Originally I planned to put it in the nursery but I don't know why I thought it would be possible, given how small the room is.  We wound up putting it in our den, which is basically the farthest room away from our bedroom.  The thought was that when DH is sleeping and I get up to nurse, I can do my thing without tiptoeing around to avoid waking him.  It's also right off the kitchen so I can get what I need easily.
  • Options
    I put ours in the baby's room upstairs.  I was in need of a "spot" for nursing during the night time hours.  There is also a TV in the room if I used it during the day at all.  Most of the day time feedings will be in a living room away from the main dining area.
  • Options
    We have a rocker, not a glider, but we put it in the baby's room. That way in the middle of the night, we can rock the baby back to sleep and just put him or her back down in the crib.
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• Options

We have ours in the nursery.  If I find that I want it downstairs or something we'll move it but for now it has a perfect spot in there.  Also we don't let our dogs in the nursery and since it's ecru color dog hair would show up like crazy so I'm liking it in the nursery. :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I put mine in the baby's room. We have a big recliner that rocks downstairs :) I put a tv in the baby's room so I will have something to do while BFing.
  • Options
    I am putting out old glider rocker in the baby's room and the new reclining glider rocker in the living room where I will likely be spending the most time with her...(feeding her while watching daytime TV) lol
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • Options
    Our glider is in the nursery.  
  • Options

We put the glider in the nursery so that I can BF at night comfy.

• Options
    imageraelinds:

We put our glider in the baby's room next to the crib. My thought was that in the middle of the night I'd appreciate picking baby up out of the crib and plopping down in the glider to breast feed.

Ours is in the nursery across from the crib for the same reason.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"