Parenting
Options

Seriously, how many pairs of pajamas do your kids have

and what do you think is ideal?  Because DH thinks they need to have 2 weeks worth of PJs, um maybe he does not realize that at 50% off that is still $16 each for Carters at a size 6 that I now buy DS.  And I just told him that from now on they will not have that many b/c as they get older their clothes are bigger and I am not having more than fit in one drawer.  And it is back to being warm and humid here so that means they are wearing summer PJs again so they are all in the drawers.  I am thinking 8 pairs is enough, 1 more than a weeks worth.  And I realize that DH usually does their laundry and I am lazy but this is ridiculous.  Honestly, they don't need more than 1 weeks worth of pants either, maybe that would solve the clothes changing issue too where they change 5 times a day.  I MUST control myself better in the future and good or bad I do not have much clothing bought for them going forward b/c I don't know what size they will be.
Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: Seriously, how many pairs of pajamas do your kids have

• Options

I always give the grandparents the job of buying the pjs.  They ask "What do the kids need?" and I say pjs - because I don't really care where they come from.

DD doesn't like pajamas - hasn't for awhile.  She changes her clothes a billion times a day and usually ends up wearing something comfy to bed (which then she wears the next day sometimes - as long it's a fairly recent change the night before and she's not sweaty, that's not gross, is it?).  She still has some pjs, but not many.

DS LOVES pjs and could live in them.  That said, he maybe has 5 pairs a season?  Lately, he's been sleeping in just the bottoms - I don't know if it's because it's warmish out and the air hasn't been on or if he just wants to be like daddy. 

But, yeah - two weeks worth is a lot.

• Options
    a lot.  They probably have 2 weeks worth.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS has 5 pairs, and right now I think that's more than enough. It's actually one more than he usually has.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Joey just wears jersey (cotton) type shorts and a t-shirt.  So he has like 4 or 5 "outfits" like that. 

Cam has a couple of nightgowns (maybe 3) and two shirt/short sets.

So they have about 5 each.

That said, all of that was bought for our trip to Outer Banks.  They don't normally wear pajamas - they sleep in their underwear!  :)

• Options
    My kids usually have a week's worth.
  • Options
    I think 5-7 is plenty. We try and get two nights out of one pair before we wash them.
  • Options

Well I would say they maybe have about 10 pairs, although 4 of DS's are summer so those will be put away very soon.  I buy PJ's about 2 sizes to big, so DS is still wearing PJ's I bought 2 years ago.  I mostly buy them gymboree and carters and find both hold up very well. 

I like to have a little over 2 weeks worth of clothing, although that doesn't mean DS has 14 pairs of jeans.  We have very long winters so I really tire of things as well.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMrsStubbs:
    I think 5-7 is plenty. We try and get two nights out of one pair before we wash them.

This.

• Options
    This is embarassing.. but he has around 30.  Most are handmedowns from his 2 cousins. I bought 4 pairs when I wasn't sure if I was getting the handmedown bin.    He rotates the same 5 pairs, so I should probably pack the rest away as it takes up 2 drawers.

David "BD" 2/8/07 Spencer 9/12/11
  • Options

imageMrsStubbs:

This. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My kids have about 8 pairs each. That being said, we LIVE in PJs when the weather is bad. There was a point last winter when the weather was really bad that they didn't get "dressed" for 3 days. They went from dirty jammies to clean jammies. LOL

Two weeks worth is a LOT of jammies.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Options
    I buy them at our consignment sale. I don't know why, but there are never any summer pjs so I end up buying like 3 pairs at Caters and we are always scrounging for a clean pair. For winter, there are TONS of choices so for winter he ends up with like 3 weeks worth. Right now he has more than a dresser drawer full waiting for winter and probably 6 pair of summer ones.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Both boys have about 10 pairs or so.  
    Big Brother Logan Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Miles Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Bryan Smith - Freelance Photography Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    four or five. 
  • Options
    Ummm... Your kids wear fresh PJs every night You don't need many pairs when they wear them for several nights. Slightly used pajamas get stored under your pillow. Less laundry and less pajamas. In my world they can wear them up to a week if there are no potty accidents or breakfast table mishaps. Anyway, dd has a ton because we get hand me downs. She porbably has 4-5 that she likes at any given time. She's also fond of sleeping in a cami and undies. Ds has maybe 2 pair that fit. But he hates sleeping in clothes. I see some battles in the near future when it turns cold.
    - Jena
  • Options
    I guess I'm abnormal one, DS has 2 per season.  He wears them several nights.
  • Options
    5 pairs. They don't wear new ones every night, so they don't need that many.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Dd has probably 10 pairs and it's way too many, IMO! Ds has about 3 pairs of actual pajamas plus 2-3 pairs of sweatpants/athletic shorts that he often wears to bed. That seems to work well for us.
  • Options
    My kids sleep in PJ's 2-3 nights in a row (as do I) unless they get super sweaty, then its less and I do laundry 2 times a week typically so for us, about 4 pairs is plenty.  My kids also love sleeping in PJ pants and t-shirts so we do have a few extras bottoms compared to tops.  Unless you only do laundry every other week, why do you need so many.  My girls in general have way to many clothes since we have a ton of hand me downs but as they have gotten older and are less messy and hard on the clothes, I have less.  I would say my girls could go a month without me doing clothes laundry and they so do not need that much other than for variety.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

DD1 has maybe 8-10 pairs of winter pajamas (long sleeves, long pants) and probably the same number of summer pajamas. DD2 has about the same.

They wear their pajamas for 1-2 nights. It kind of depends on if they're still relatively clean in the morning. DD1 wakes up with a wet pull up almost every morning, and if it's really wet, her pajamas smell.

I do laundry once every 2 weeks on average.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"