C-sections

Belly Binders?

Are these a newish thing?  I've seen lots of mentions of them on here re CS, but I don't remember even hearing about them, and I certainly wasn't given one by the hospital to wear 4 years ago when I had Samuel.  

How likely is it if I end up with a RCS that the hospital will give me one?  And if you've had both experiences-using one post CS and not using one, do you think it was helpful?  Should I buy one if the hospital doesn't provide it?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Belly Binders?

• I had a repeat c-section with DS back in Sept 09 and the hospital I delivered at in Illinois gave me one. It helped me alot when I first got home. I was moving around like a had a regular delivery. I have moved to Georgia since then and I am hoping that they also provide me one. Otherwise, I will just purchase one. They are worth IMO. 

HTH. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had my DS less than two years ago, my doctor didn't mention these and I wasn't given one either. My friend let me borrow her belly band after birth, but the size wasn't right-- it was really hard to get on, and while I liked the restriction (mostly because I felt awful about my body), I didn't really feel like it "did" anything. But maybe that's because I had the wrong size. I am going to ask my OB about it and see what her opinion is, but likely I will just buy one this time. I just hate the cost, it seems like they are $50-$60 and have a limited lifespan (and this is my last baby).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so glad that I used one.  I don't know if my hospital will automatically give them out after a c/s but a friend of mine is a labor and delivery nurse at the hospital where I delivered and she gave me one.
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I packed one and when I mentioned it to the nurses they brought me one. It helped me a lot. I had the back support that I needed as well as protecting my incision from the baby
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • When I had my first CS back in November 2008, I had never heard of them nor was I given one.  As I've been planning on this RCS, more and more people have mentioned them to me and said that they really helped them after delivery.  I asked during the birth tour if they provided them at the hospital, and the nurse said they only provided them for special circumstances.  No idea what that would include, but luckily I have a friend who is letting me use hers.  I've heard nothing but good things about them.  My CS is scheduled for this Friday, so I'll write a birth story after I get home and let you know if it helped or not!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

• All maternity wards have these but you have to ASK for them -- it's usually not routine to just hand out. I loved mine and wore it 3 weeks postpartum, helped me feel like my insides weren't falling out!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • So true! Also, I asked 3 different people until the last OB gave me one! They each said they don't work, and I said well I'd like to try it and find out for myself :) But I have to say I think it helped but even better, just like you said, I felt like my insides weren't falling out and I'm so glad other people said that, I seriously was like this is such a weird feeling! And they stitch you up on the inside so how do you know how you're healing inside, and what's going on in the inside, ya know? Anyway, I highly recommend asking and repeat asking for one!

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"