D.C. Area Babies

My Daily WTF?

The cashier at Picture People today asked me if I was my DDs grandmother.  Seriously?  I'm 35 and I think I look my age but grandmother??  I think I am off to investigate skin creams....

Re: My Daily WTF?

• ????  That's insane.  I don't know what you look like, but I'm 37 and I KNOW I don't look like a grandmother.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • I'm going to suggest that the cashier knows a lot of women who have kids at a young age (like 18), which could result in a 35-year-old being a grandmother. So you look your age, but she's used to someone your age being a grandmother. Scary thought.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My first thought was that the cashier was a teenager and that everyone between about 30 and 60 blends together as "old" to her. Then again, someone on the December 2011 board just mentioned that her mom (the grandmother to be) is 35, which made me (at 36, almost 37) feel elderly :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• If she was a big enough idiot to ask if you are a grandma in the first place, then I wouldn't give her judgement of age another thought. (although, that would sting...ouch!) 

That's kind of like asking a woman if she's pregnant. Even if you did look like a grandma (which I highly doubt), you just don't ask that. These days with people having kids later or adopting, I never assume that anyone with a kid is anyone but their parent. 

Of course, on the other end of the spectrum is my mom (age 64), who is still bragging about being asked if Warner is her son one time when she came to visit and took him on a walk. (when my mom wasn't around, my stepdad told me that the people who asked were an old couple who were at least 90...lol)

• imageLMH1209:
    My first thought was that the cashier was a teenager and that everyone between about 30 and 60 blends together as "old" to her. Then again, someone on the December 2011 board just mentioned that her mom (the grandmother to be) is 35, which made me (at 36, almost 37) feel elderly :)

that is frightening.

at my mom's school (a middle school), she has a lot of kids with grandma's in their early 40s or great-grandma's in their 60s. but if you start having babies at age 14, it can and does happen a lot. my mom, who is a guidance counselor, has a handful of girls get pregnant each year; it's heart-breaking.  

• OMG

some people are just morons

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"