Parenting after a Loss

My Pal Scout thinks my kid has a weird name...

DH bought DD My Pal Scout, which is super cool and so far not too annoying. But apparently any form of "Margot" didn't make the cut for the name list (which has a bajillion names on it!)

And here I thought that even though the name isn't super popular, it was still classic enough to be on lists that include names like "Maeve," "Daphne," "Nora" "Margaret" (as well as "Superstar" "Rockstar" and "Princess")

Oh, well - for now we've got it set to say "Little Bear" since that's a nickname we use a lot for her. I'm sure they'll add her name any day now, right?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: My Pal Scout thinks my kid has a weird name...

• You should be able to do a custom name because DH programmed ours to say Jax. I will say that Scout says it in a rather accusatory tone though like "Jjjjjaaax...if that IS your REAL name!"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How did you do that? The only option I see is to use a nickname or "no audio"...
  • Loading the player...
  • imagevlewis515:
    You should be able to do a custom name because DH programmed ours to say Jax. I will say that Scout says it in a rather accusatory tone though like "Jjjjjaaax...if that IS your REAL name!"

We were able to type in Lucas' name. Ours sounds like Lucas?

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • imagevlewis515:
    You should be able to do a custom name because DH programmed ours to say Jax. I will say that Scout says it in a rather accusatory tone though like "Jjjjjaaax...if that IS your REAL name!"

My DD1's name is on the list for My Pal Violet, but I think it sounds accusatory too.  Almost menacing, actually.

Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • For our son Xander it sounds like its mad at him! It sounds so harsh compared to Lilly and Xavier.
  • imageroundtheworldgirl:

imagevlewis515:

My DD1's name is on the list for My Pal Violet, but I think it sounds accusatory too.  Almost menacing, actually.

One of my friends said that too her kid, I think Scout might just be part evil.
  • Friends of mine emailed the company to add Saffron. Not sure if they ever did, but it's worth the e-mail?
  • Problem solved! I made Scout French LOL! He still does all the main stuff in English, but he says her name in a Frenchie accent (with another kid's voice, which is kind of hilarious) and I was able to put some French songs and words on him.

My kid is going to be so confused....

• Surprisingly we got it to say "Luca". I thought it would only have Lucas but I was wrong. I do agree though that it sounds a little evil. DH likes to mock it. 
    Old bumpie with new SN:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Missed m/c with twins 04/10
    m/c 8/10
    Luca Alberto born 7/5/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Hmm...was thinking of getting this for DS..but maybe I won't.  His name may not be on the list.  Is there anywhere you can check that?

Missed m/c found on 5/12/10 medically managed

BFP 8/29 EDD 5/6/11

Dashiell Nicholas, born via C-section on 4-22-11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagevalrisen2005:
    Hmm...was thinking of getting this for DS..but maybe I won't.  His name may not be on the list.  Is there anywhere you can check that?

Yes 

click here

BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • What is this thing you speak of?
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Violet sounds like "Sophia?".  But whatever-she loves that thing.
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagevalrisen2005:
    Hmm...was thinking of getting this for DS..but maybe I won't.  His name may not be on the list.  Is there anywhere you can check that?

It doesn't have Dashiell, but it may have variations or nns (do you call him "Dash"? That's on there!) I was surprised by the names that were on there - some of them seemed way more "out there" than Margot to me!

She really loves it now that we've been playing with it more!

• When it says "Ian", it sounds like a question, lol!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagevalrisen2005:

Lucas loves his. He snuggles Scout when he goes to sleep

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"