Cloth Diapering
Options

Rumparooz vs. BumGenius

DH and I are both on board with cloth diapering, but DH is set on using Rumparooz and I've heard nothing but good things about BumGenius.  Part of me is leaning toward getting some of both, but I'm not sure if I can convince him to do that.  I looked on here for a post like this already, but they're at least a year old, and I don't know how frequently CD "versions" come out. 

So which do you ladies suggest, and can you provide an argument for either one, or maybe another brand? 

July '15 January Siggy - snow fails
image image
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Rumparooz vs. BumGenius

• Options
    rumparooz run a lot smaller than BGs and DD outgrew hers by a year. I would go with BGs over RaRs, but i always suggest trying several types before committing to all of one kind. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love my rumparooz but I've never tried the BG. My lil one's 19 lbs 9 ounces and were on the medium size of the Rumparooz. Idk how long they will last but that's most of my stash. We will see! I love them though. :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Don't try just one brand. You don't know what is going to work out best for you.

I'd recommed trying a diaper trial, like the one at Jillian's Drawers. THere are a few of them around. If you want to try specific brands, most of them will adapt what they send you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I agree with PP. I have 2 RaR and several BG. DS is already on the 2nd set of snaps on the RaR, and almost ready to go to the next snaps up. He is going to be 3 months tomorrow. I can't imagine they'll fit him to potty training. The BG took longer to fit him well, but they seem like they have a more generous rise and will fit longer. I also agree that you should try lots of different kinds of diapers before committing to one kind/brand. DH also thought RaR were going to be his fav and now we are both "meh" about them. Our favorites are probably BG Elementals for going out and Sbish snapless fitteds with wool for naps and nighttime. Good luck!

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
  • Options
    I again would agree with PP'ers and say not to put all your eggs in one basket when it comes to CD's.  Babies come in lots of shapes and sizes; what is the best fit on one, might not work for another.  Personal preference also comes in to play when trying to find your ideal diaper.  I found out I hate aplix and and also don't like side-snapping diapers (found this out when I tried a RAR).  Since I didn't invest in all of the same diaper, I only had a few diapers to sell.  The diaper trials are also a great idea as another poster mentioned. 
  • Options
    imagelrachelle80:

Check out the "building your stash" posts in the CD blog in my siggy. It talks more about not committing to any one brand.

That said, I love both of them for different reasons. We have and use both!

Exactly this.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    I love both for different reasons...DS was really small so the RUmparooz will likely last us from birth to potty training but the rise is shorter and a lot of babies outgrow them. Love the leg gussets, and the hemp inserts and  they just fit DS so well. BG's are great too, I prefer the elementals to the pockets but they have both held up really well for us and we are on the middle rise at 20 months (compared to the largest on Rumparooz.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options

imagechuicafina:
    I agree with PP. I have 2 RaR and several BG. DS is already on the 2nd set of snaps on the RaR, and almost ready to go to the next snaps up. He is going to be 3 months tomorrow. I can't imagine they'll fit him to potty training. The BG took longer to fit him well, but they seem like they have a more generous rise and will fit longer. I also agree that you should try lots of different kinds of diapers before committing to one kind/brand. DH also thought RaR were going to be his fav and now we are both "meh" about them. Our favorites are probably BG Elementals for going out and Sbish snapless fitteds with wool for naps and nighttime. Good luck!

How is that possible? DS, while small, just moved to the highest rise now at 20 months and we could still get away with the middle if I wanted to. 

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options

I liked RaRs at first, then became REALLY sick of stuffing pockets every night! Plus I found RaR super bulky, and the rise is short and my kid was gonna grow out of them too fast!. If you're committed to pockets, I HIGHLY recommend TotsBots EasyFits, really dependable daytime diapers, and worth the hassle of stuffing. I have recently sold all my RaRs and bought BumGenius Elementals, and the 3.0 All-in-ones (which I can only find used cuz they don't make them anymore). For night time i couldn't find any pockets or all in ones that would keep my little man dry, so i made the leap to Sbish snapless multis with wool covers and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. 

The only great thing i will say about RaRs is they are amazing for catching poo because of the double gussets, but honestly i have never had a poo leak with any of my other cloth diapers either. ANY cloth diaper beats the heck out of disposables in that department, IMO.

Good luck! 

• Options
    imagenaflmj:

How is that possible? DS, while small, just moved to the highest rise now at 20 months and we could still get away with the middle if I wanted to. 

I think part of it is that I like the rise to be a bit high, otherwise I feel like the dipe is going to fall off, or is too bulky. Part of it is my DS is a chunker at 15 lbs already. I dunno, just my experience! :)

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"