San Diego Babies
Options

Need an OBGYN okay with Natural Childbirth San Diego

Hi there,

I am currently going to an OBGYN that is already threatening induction and c-section. I am only 25 weeks, and am having a perfectly normal pregnancy. 

I am going to change OBs but cannot find one that is covered by my AIM  Blue Cross EPO insurance and will be okay with me refusing (unless absolutely necessary) Pitocin and the whole rigmarole.

Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated. The following are not covered under my insurance (unfortunately): 

Dr. Nick Capetanakis, D.O.

Dr. Angelica Zaid

Dr. Laurie Greenberg & Dr. Heather Gunnarson

Dr. Karen Lee

Dr. Sudabeh Moein

Re: Need an OBGYN okay with Natural Childbirth San Diego

• Options

Dr Biter and Dr Cobb at Seaside Women's Health in Encinitas. I was able to have an unmedicated, vaginal birth and I had TWINS!

They are amazing, kind and extremely gifted doctors.

Best of luck,

Candace

• Options

Dr. Jonathan Dunn at Scripps Clinic Carmel Valley. There's also two midwives in their practice. They are big proponents of natural childbirth. I had tried going natural with my first, but ended up being induced after she was 2 weeks late.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I chose to use the midwives at UCSD because of their pro-med-free views.  They are great & covered by Blue Cross.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi, I was just wondering who you switched to and how you like them.  I'm in my first trimester and looking for a doctor or midwife to see, and I'm really hoping to find one who works with AIM.  When I tried to make an appointment with a midwife at UCSD Hillcrest, I was told they didn't work with AIM, and now I'm not sure who to go to.  I need to see someone soon though!  I'd love to know if you found someone you like!  Thanks so much!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"