Blended Families
Options

proud of my sil

My SIL has a 5yr old D and both her and BF are active duty. They have always been stationed near eachother and visitation hasnt been an issue. Pretty much anytime he has called she allows him to pick D up. There is no CO in place which is another issue in itself.

Anyway she has only asked BF to cover the daycare fee and he has refused. He told her if she asks or child support than he will fight for full custody. She finally called his bluff and filed for CS. He was served June 1 and the amount that was suggested (based on income) was 3x as much as SIL was asking for.

He wanted to rebuttle this amount so their court date was yesterday. His reasonings for CS to be lowered were

1. He doesn know how he will be able to afford his BMW/BMW motorcycle/his lifestyle.

2. He said that she has coach purses and an iphone so SIL should be able to afford to support their D. (Coach purse was a bday gift from me & iphone was a hand me down from her brother)

3. SIL has a live in boyfriend so BF says that his daughter is benefiting from a two income home already.

The judge laughed at his reasonings and granted SIL CS in the amount he was trying to dispute and she will get backpay from 1 June. Can you believe AFTER the court date that BF asked SIL if he coulld just pay the daycare amount she asked for originally?  I am just proud of her to finally call his bluff and I am happy that my niece will now be supported by both parents.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: proud of my sil

• Options
    Wow, good for her!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    He seriously went to court with those excuses? People are crazy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageFriskyPanda:
    He seriously went to court with those excuses? People are crazy!

Yep. Thats why the judge laughed. It wasnt like SIL asked for CS based on income + daycare + ballet + school fees. All she asked for was based on his income. I will never understand why a man would fight to NOT support his child.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"