North Carolina Babies

birthmarks changing during pregnancy?

Has anyone had their moles/birthmarks change during pregnancy?

I've had a birthmark near my pubic bone for as long as I can remember and tonight I noticed it has changed a bit.  From what I know, it's nothing totally alarming (hasn't changed color or become asymmetrical) but it's now definitely... uh... 3-D.  My mom has the same mark in the same place and when I called her up she didn't remember hers changing at all. Then again, my pregnancy has been nothing like any of hers so I wasn't shocked when she couldn't relate.

I know that pregnancy can bring on a whole gamut of skin changes but I've never read or heard anything having to do with birthmarks.  Does anyone else have experience with this?

Re: birthmarks changing during pregnancy?

• Haven't heard about this, but it wouldn't surprise me.  I went away this past week to Mexico for vacation and came back with freckles.  I have never gotten freckles from the sun.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yep changed my birthmarks and moles. Also got a weird hemangioma on my finger at the end of my pregnancy. I had a long dermatology appt post-partum to have all sorts of things removed!! ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the feedback!  It's crazy to think how hormones can change your body so much.  I'll try not to fret about it and talk to my doc during the next appt.  Hopefully he can refer me to a dermatologist later.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"