Parenting after 35

Love that DH...

is doing the grocery shopping.  But I have to laugh that I've already gotten 2 phone calls from the store with questions.  I always smile when I'm shopping and I see someone else's DH doing the same thing...talking on the phone while looking perplexed at the shelf.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Love that DH...

• I wish DH would do the grocery shopping : (
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DH does grocery shopping too but most of the time he doesn't ask---he just picks something or skips it (and I learn to describe it better next time).  He's much more efficient of a grocery shopper than me b/c he sticks to the list!
  • Loading the player...
  • There's a comedian named Jeanne Robertson who is a hilarious older southern woman and she refers to her husband as "Left Brain."

Sent LB to the store for several items to make a cake to take to a sick friend.  And she made the mistake of numbering her list.   LB came back with 1 pound of butter, 2 bags of flour, 3 bags of sugar, etc etc.   A few days later, the grocery clerk asked her about the unusual list.  When Jeanne explained it was to make a cake for a sick friend, the clerk says, "Was there an epidemic?"

Much funnier to hear Jeanne tell the story!  She's often on Sirius' Laugh USA channel (the clean joke channel).

• imageBrideBuddies:

There's a comedian named Jeanne Robertson who is a hilarious older southern woman and she refers to her husband as "Left Brain."

Sent LB to the store for several items to make a cake to take to a sick friend.  And she made the mistake of numbering her list.   LB came back with 1 pound of butter, 2 bags of flour, 3 bags of sugar, etc etc.   A few days later, the grocery clerk asked her about the unusual list.  When Jeanne explained it was to make a cake for a sick friend, the clerk says, "Was there an epidemic?"

Much funnier to hear Jeanne tell the story!  She's often on Sirius' Laugh USA channel (the clean joke channel).

LOL!   DH isn't that bad, and I'll admit that sometimes I do put "extra points" items on the list...like rutabaga.  Tonight it was, "What is quinoa?"

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Awesome.  Yeah, when Rom offers to grocery shop I make a very specific list, and even then I keep the phone handy.
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Tim does NOT get to go to the grocery store or we would end up with Yak Milk Candy and freeze dried chicken lips

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"