Preemies
Options

Grey's Anatomy (possible spoiler?)

Since I'm being a PW today, I need to get this off my chest to women that will get it.

Last season, I got really pissed and emotional during the episode with Callie.  Every preemie issue her daughter had was resolved in a one hour show.  Oh if only life was that simple.  It was right after the boys were born, so I'm sure that contributed to my feelings.  I got over it and was excited to watch last night's premiere.

Then they pissed me off again.  The daughter (Sophia?) is a 24 weeker.  She's big and healthy.  Normal sized.  They take her the hospital every day for daycare.  Germs galore.  She's in a day care center with other children while most of us avoid daycare at all costs.  

It frustrates me.  They do so many things well on that show, but I feel like they've really dropped the ball on this story line.

Vent over.  I'll get off my soapbox now. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Grey's Anatomy (possible spoiler?)

• Options

I thought the EXACT same things last night while watching. I was thinking to myself how big she was to have been born so early. It really made me mad that they portrayed her that way. The shape of her head even made me mad because it was flat in the back and we all know that preemies don't usually sleep on the back of their heads, especially being 24 weekers who spent a lot of time in the NICU.

She "had her baby" the week that Reagan was born. So, I was really emotional when it premiered too. It made me upset to see her baby hit all those milestones so quickly.

• Options
    I pretty much stopped watching after that. I was so annoyed. They also had sextuplets in an earlier season and it was the same thing. THey were in the NICU for like, a day, and it was all the regs taking care of them. Because, you know, they ask surgeons to come pitch in  in the NICU.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKate621:
    I pretty much stopped watching after that. I was so annoyed. They also had sextuplets in an earlier season and it was the same thing. THey were in the NICU for like, a day, and it was all the regs taking care of them. Because, you know, they ask surgeons to come pitch in  in the NICU.

This exactly. We were in the NICU when the 24-weeker storyline started. I had several friends tell me then knew what we were going through because of the preemie on Grey's. Yeah.......Confused

• Options
    I also thought it was strange that she was so hearty. Its not like they skipped months in the storyline, it picked up like the day after the finale. Not cool Shonda!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"