Preemies
Options

6 month check up (edit)

All and all the boys' appt went well yesterday.  Both boys received their vaccines.  H is on a delayed scheduled due to his small size, but JS is right on track.  In addition they both got their first flu shot.  I didn't know it was a two-shot dose for infants?

I talked with our pedi about Synagis and she said they are still fighting the insurance company since they denied JS getting the shot.  She's getting H's pulmonologist to submit a letter as well.  Fingers crossed!

6 month stats:

JS - 13lb14 oz, 23.75 in long (2lb10oz, 13 in at birth)

H - 8lb4oz, 20.75 in long (1lb7oz, 11.5 in at birth)

Since his last weigh in, H is averaging a gain of 1/2 ounce a day.  Still less than what they would like, but our pedi said she'd take it since he's been re-admitted to the hospital and his BPD.  Yesterday was the first time since being released from the NICU that an appt didn't involve a discussion about a GI tube.  Yay! 

ETA - There's 3/4 inch difference in their head circ.  JS is almost double H's size, but their heads are about the same.  I hope it's because they both have big brains Smile 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 6 month check up (edit)

• Options
    Glad you got pretty good news.  It sounds like H is truckin' along at his own pace.  Fingers crossed for the synagis approval! 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Sounds like a pretty great appointment!  Fingers crossed for you with the Synagis approval for JS,  I hope it works out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sounds like a good checkup all around!  I hope the insurance company comes through on the Synagis shots for H.

And thrilled that there was no discussion of a GI tube. 

• Options

I saw this on my phone earlier and it made me really happy! Congrats on a great appointment! I'm so glad H is gaining (even if he is a little slow) and may get to avoid the g-tube! And I'm really hoping that JS gets his shot-I can't believe how big he is (a whole pound more than C was at her 6 months!).

AND it sounds like you got through the whole appointment just you and the babies without incident so congrats on that as well!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"