Oregon Babies

Superkids Resale - other consignment events?

I stopped by the Superkids Resale last night at Mall 205, but unfortunately left empty-handed.  I had two specific items on my list I was hoping to buy used (a Moby wrap and Bumbo chair) but there weren't any.  Also, prices seemed quite high for consignment ($6 for used crib sheets, same brand sold by Target new for $7.99) and a lot of items were pretty dirty and in need of cleaning.

Any other big resale events going on I might be able to check out before I have my baby in November?

Re: Superkids Resale - other consignment events?

• My multiples group, Full House MoMs, is having our consignment sale at DoubleTree Lloyd Center (1000 NE Multnomah) October 7-8.  We're a non-profit consignment sale and the money earned goes back to the club to provide support and services for our member families.  There are usually lots of baby carriers/wraps and Bumbo type chairs (but they usually go fast) and also tons of clothes, toys, gear, and supplies.  Our members tend to price things pretty reasonably because they really don't want to take stuff back home.

October 7th 10 am - 7 pm  

October 8th 11 am - 2 pm (many items 50% off) 

https://www.fullhousemoms.com/consignment-sale/ 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I actually consigned my Bumbo seat at the superkids sale lol.. The thing with that sale is that it's really popular, so you have to go the first day to get the good stuff. Luckily, I get to shop before it opens to the public so I found tons of great deals. Also, people price their own stuff, so there will be things way overpriced. My DD LOVES Elmo, and there was a cheap Walmart brand Elmo shirt priced at $6, like wtf are they thinking!?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the tip about the other sale...and Kimfoley, that's a good point about sellers pricing their own stuff - some seemed like decent deals and some were totally not worth what they were asking for.  A $6 Walmart shirt?  Sheesh.  I was just shopping today at a consignment store near Tigard and was really surprised at some of the used prices there, too.  Seems like no matter what, babies are spendy!
  • I second the multiples sale. It?s a really good one. Stuff is clean, typically in good condition, and well-priced. If you want specific gear, I suggest getting there earlier on the first day. And this one is conveniently one week after our big u/s, so thanks enail ;)

FWIW: Piccolina in SE is a good consignment shop. She selects the items carefully. I?ve heard good things about the ones on NE Broadway (Bella Stella and? I?m blanking), but have never been. Some in town really are not worth the effort.

And don?t overlook craigslist, especially for gear.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was at the Superkids sale shortly after it opened to the public and there was tons of stuff. I didn't see any moby wraps, but I'm pretty sure there were Bumbo chairs so maybe those just sold early.

I was looking through clothes and found the same item (a furry brown "snowsuit" with ears) for $3 - $7 and there didn't seem to be any difference in the quality. Probably people had already picked through the cheaper items and left the things they thought were too expensive. 

• The Never Pay Retail Resale consignment event is oct 7 &8th. They are a bit smaller then the big warehouse events but always super clean items & lowest price ive seen on items. Thegrs so they price most of the items themselves. Www.tnprre.comy offer a tagging service for consi
  • Also going on this weekend: https://www.passitonsales.com

I've never been so I can't vouch for the quality....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"