Baby Showers
Options

shower ideas...have theme though ;)

Ok So my mom has planned my shower for the 2nd weekend in November.. I know I am still a little early for a shower but we are having family travel from out of state and thats the only time they can come down. And we aren't very traditional anyways, but we love it and so far the guest that we have talked to all agree. So with that said......

My mom is having me a " A little pumpkin is on his way"  shower.

We have already started buying some pumpkins and fall decor. As far as food I need a few ideas. I think we will have some pumpkin rolls, and cookies in the shape of pumpkins, and then a few odds and ins ( sandwiches, and different fruits and veggies)  and maybe some pumpkin shaped candies.....

Would love some more ideas about decor , food, favors, anything like that!!

Thanks

Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: shower ideas...have theme though ;)

• Options

I actually just posted some fall ideas in the post below about a twins shower...

Are you going ot have a cake?  How about cupcakes with 1 pumpkin candy on top?  These could be dessert or a nicely packaged favor.  (Not to mention they'll add to the decor.)

How about a salad with mixed green, cucumbers, some sort of cheese and toasted pumkin seeds?  Maybe a cranberry vinagrette?

I would suggest some sort of hearty dip to go along with the light food you have already.  Maybe a warm spinach/artichoke dip in a bread bowl or with pita chips.

For a centerpiece, how about  carved out pumpkin as a vase for fall-colored flowers?

Ohh!  And what about these caramel apples decorated to look like pumpkins?  Love!  https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dW0dKd9m-m8/TIoysr7j1mI/AAAAAAAAAJo/6uPCDcKbSKg/s1600/holiday_brownie_ball_pumpkin.jpg

• Options

Ya I seen your post about the twins. We are planning on doing cupcakes with the pumpkin on top!

The spinach dip sounds yummy!

Centerpiece , thats a great idea! I may have to do that one!

Thanks for the advice!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh and the Carmel Apples are So Cute!! Would make great favors !
  • Options

I think this blog has a some cute ideas.

https://creativepartyplace.com/cake/lil-pumpkin-baby-shower-x-2/

I espcecially like the using the small pumpkins to write out "It's a boy" (or girl, or just "Congratulations Your Name") You could tie some cute fabric sound the stems too.

I also like the cake balls decorated as pumpkins.

• Options
    Pumpkin pie! And also as far as favors and decor, your mom should be able to find tons of stuff really cheap right after Halloween! And as an activity you could carve or paint mini-pumpkins. We always used to paint them at my house when I was a kid because they last longer that way and it's really fun!
    "When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." -J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
  • Options
    HappyMrsK.... Love the blog .. Thank you so much for that! Lots of ideas!! Cant wait to show my momma! I love the pumpkin patch and all the ideas of decor and food! Such a great website!
  • Options

I&s&baby...... Yes mom has been finding a ton of stuff. Not sure if people would want to decorate pumpkins... but I def don't think I want to carve them to much mess lol. Im trying to steer clear of halloween related things lol. And shower is after Halloween so that prolly wouldnt work.  But It's def an idea, Thanks! 

And Yes Definitely some pumpkin pie!!! Awesome!

• Options

Our theme for my sister is "welcome lil pumpkin

For our centerpieces we're hot gluing some ribbon and buttons randomly on small to medium size pumpkins.  Then I'm going to put a strip on it that says "our little pumpkin will be cute as a button'

we're going to have 3 different "weights" of pumpkins and let people vote which one will be closest to  baby's weight.  

We're going to buy pumpkin hershey kisses and have them around the room. 

Sweet cinnamon pumpkin pocketback from bath and body for favors

• Options

Definetly pumpkin pie and if you don't want to bake big pies for everyone to slice out of and would rather stick with finger bite size, check out Bakerella's site:

https://www.bakerella.com/pumpkin-pie-bites/

I make these every year around Halloween and Thanksgiving and they are always a hit!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My shower is a Halloween/boy theme and we are doing ghost gift bag center pieces that will also be the door prizes with orange balloons. I also cut out poster board pumpkins that are going to say it's a boy and I have made fabric pumpkins for around the room. For food we are doing candy corn, Carmel corn, cheese potatoes, Swedish meatballs, and pulled pork. My invites even had a pregnant witch on them. Love this time of year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage

• Options
    Try not to overdo it on the pumpkins. It can look a bit...well...overdone. The theme will get through to people with a few main "pumpkin" pieces. Have the rest just fall in with the autumn decor.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options

If you're looking for invitation that's not a pumpkin but has the color theme (orange, fall feel...), what do you think of something cute like this?

baby shower invitation

Found that at https://www.babycachet.com/Baby_Shower_Invitations_s/4.htm

• Options
    That is too cute!!!! i love it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"