Infertility
Options

Flame Free Friday Confessions

2»

Re: Flame Free Friday Confessions

• Options
    imagedoggie mama:
    My confession is that I'm afraid that I'm too stupid to follow all the IVF directions and will somehow screw it up. I mean I know I'm not stupid, but it's all so overwhelming and complicated and i have so much other stuff to think about. I feel like I'm managing this project and I don't want to be the one in charge. It's hard enough dealing  with the emotional and physical stuff, but keeping all the medications and timing straight is mentally exhausting. At least right now.

I felt the same way and I am a registered nurse.  It is really scary when you first start.  Your anxiety will lessen and it will get easier!

::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
  • Options

My confession: I think it's silly that TTC, IF, and IFV are all separate boards that basically deal with the same thing (some people doing IVF and some IUI and some just starting to think about Clomid) and have such overlap of the same posters on the different boards.  If there are going to be separate boards, I think there should be an IVF Board and an IUI Board or some other categorization that deals with the actual ART procedures.  I'm NOT saying we should create yet another board -- I just don't think there's a very clear or good distinction between the boards that do exist.  I get that people feel like they get to know one another and form communities and don't want to leave boards when their treatment plans change.  BUT I do think it's sort of silly that we end up with 3 boards that don't get that many posts a day and you have to go to 3 different boards to read about other posters going through IVF (for instance).  So that's my confession, as unpopular as it may be. :)

Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagePurpleIris30:

My confession: I think it's silly that TTC, IF, and IFV are all separate boards that basically deal with the same thing (some people doing IVF and some IUI and some just starting to think about Clomid) and have such overlap of the same posters on the different boards.  If there are going to be separate boards, I think there should be an IVF Board and an IUI Board or some other categorization that deals with the actual ART procedures.  I'm NOT saying we should create yet another board -- I just don't think there's a very clear or good distinction between the boards that do exist.  I get that people feel like they get to know one another and form communities and don't want to leave boards when their treatment plans change.  BUT I do think it's sort of silly that we end up with 3 boards that don't get that many posts a day and you have to go to 3 different boards to read about other posters going through IVF (for instance).  So that's my confession, as unpopular as it may be. :)

I don't really think that is unpopular. Of course I do want success for everyone and I know we all get different a diagnosis, but I totally agree that it would be nice to have one locale for those dealing with each step.

I've become so jilted that I often ignore the clomid posts. Yes, we all want to be mothers and have growing families, but whining about it to someone that's failed an IVF cycle is just painful. 

(Live in Europe) TTC since 1/2010
  • Options

imagedoggie mama:
    My confession is that I'm afraid that I'm too stupid to follow all the IVF directions and will somehow screw it up. I mean I know I'm not stupid, but it's all so overwhelming and complicated and i have so much other stuff to think about. I feel like I'm managing this project and I don't want to be the one in charge. It's hard enough dealing  with the emotional and physical stuff, but keeping all the medications and timing straight is mentally exhausting. At least right now.

Unfortunately you just get into a rhythm. I have a massive tray that I keep all of my drugs on and we always have to remember to hide it when we have friends over.

Ask questions and make sure it's clear. Don't feel guilty for asking again if there's something you don't quite get. Doctors unfortunately aren't fail proof as some ladies here can attest. You can do this, but I totally agree with hating to deal with so much from so many sides. I'm already wanting DH to baby me and I haven't even started round 2 yet.  

(Live in Europe) TTC since 1/2010
  • Options
    imagePurpleIris30:

I agree. However, the trouble with separating boards by level of ART is that it's the women who are further along in the process that have the most knowledge to share with those just starting out, and we all know that some people just don't get that lurking for a while before posting is a good thing....

TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"