Indiana Babies
Options

to work or not to work?

I am having such a dilemma. Confused

I am considering going back to work. Up until this point it wasn't even possible because the cost of daycare is so high. But I have an interview & if it works out, I could have daycare pretty cheap. 

My dilemma is- is it worth all the hassle? I am used to SAH & my husband has gotten used to it as well. I'm afraid if I start working, then I'll still be managing the house & kids [by myself] & then have a FT job on top of it. 

Jack could really benefit from the structure & social interaction in daycare, so I feel like that's a huge motivator.

I need something for myself so returning to work would help me mentally.

But I feel like it's all going to be too much right now.

I'm a mess, lol. Thanks for listening. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: to work or not to work?

• Options

I say go for it. If you get the job, you can at least try it out and see how it goes! Job opportunities don't come around very often.  It will be a big change for your family and will take some time for everyone to adjust to a new schedule, but you might find that you really enjoy being back in the workforce AND your kids might benefit from being in daycare! 

No harm in trying it out! Smile Good luck in whatever you decide!

• Options
    I agree. Try it out. Give it 3 months adjustment time. Then go back and look at the pros and cons as you see it then.

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Ask me stuff.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How about a part-time position? That could give you the best of both worlds.
  • Options
    I agree with pp. Also, I work with a momma who has the option, due to her own personal financial situation, to work five mornings a week. Her daughter is able to socialize with other children for four hours/day and spend the rest of the day at home with mom.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think there's any harm in at least going to the interview!  Plus, there's nothing that says you have to keep the job if it ends up not meeting your family's needs. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks ladies!

I decided I'm going to continue with the interview & see how I feel from there.  Doesn't hurt to check things out, right? Smile

• Options
    Way before I got PG, when I was thinking about this issue I read 2 books with opposing viewpoints and my feelings afterward helped me to consider different angles and ultimately come to the right choice for me. The books were The 2 Income Trap and The Feminine Mistake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"