Baby Showers
Options

RSVP reminder

My baby shower is next Sunday. I know there is still time for people to RSVP. however, i'm thinking by Monday or Tuesday if people haven't responded maybe we should follow up on those outstanding invites. My mom and Sister are hosting, however, they don't know my friends and FI's family. So i was thinking maybe i could do a facebook message (not event invite) with a simple "hey, friendly reminder, if you have not yet rsvp'd for the shower if you could do so soon, we'd like to get a number for food" or something similar. however, i don't want to seem pushy or tacky. Truly, my feelings won't be hurt if people don't show, as i really understand what it means to be busy. But my sister is ordering subs so she needs a head count by thursday/friday to order the subs for sundays shower (10/2).

Thoughts? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RSVP reminder

• Options

Definitely follow up, but I don't see the big deal in your mom or sister calling your friends and FI's family.  Honestly, it might be a nice way to "break the ice" so when they all meet at your shower, they've had some interaction.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    The hostesses should follow up.  You shouldn't have to do anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    thanks ladies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Agreed- my mom and bff called those who hadn't rsvp'd, even if they didn't know them.  "Hey, this is so-and-so's sister Jane, we're just going over the plans for the shower this weekend and were wondering if you were joining us?" Super casual- no reason they can't do it themselves.
  • Options
    With my bridal shower, the people from DH's side that hadn't RSVPd (they were the only ones that hadn't), I asked MIL to find out for the hosts.  Could your FI's mom find out for you?
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    I think it's a good idea, but I don't suggest you personally doing it.  It'll come across as you hosting the shower.   Have your mom/sister call or email the people.  I think it's so rude for people not to RSVP by the date on the invite and they kind of need to be called out on it and realize that the hosts need to know if they're coming.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

When was the RSVP date?  If it has passed then definitely have mom and/or sister follow-up (email or call).  Don't feel bad about being pushy and it is not tacky to ask for their RSVP.  They are being tacky (rude and inconsiderate actually) by not doing so when requested.  Your mom/sister can just let them know they need a "head count" to prepare enough food and to have enough seating.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"