D.C. Area Babies
Options

Gymnastics?

Anyone have recommendations for gymnastics places? we have DD at MyGym but we are thinking to switching her to a true gymnastics class. Between the jumping off everything and doing somersaults all over our house- I am thinking it might be a good way to burn some energy.

I was recommended Capital Gymnastics in Burke or Dancensations in Alexandria. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gymnastics?

• Options
    No recs, but how do you like My Gym? I was thinking of trying out a place like that, but I'm not sure how old kids should be to really benefit from it. I know they have classes starting at like 3 months old, but I mean realistically.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    MyGym has been great! We started DD just after her first birthday and have been going ever since. She is not a huge fan of sitting in the circle and singing songs but she loves being able to climb on everything and go in the ball pit. We liked MyGym because it seemed more focused on activity then some of the others that focused more on the music time. It is great for DH and I because she is worn out after and usually takes a long nap :-) If he is walking or starting to walk- I think it is a perfect age to start.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We did Little Gym from when Maggie started walking (14mo) and I thought that was a great age.  I know the younger kids do a lot of songs and stuff and you still do that with the older kids but they get to run around and really do stuff once they are walking.

Right now both girls go to Hill's Gymnastics but that is in Gaithersburg so it might a haul for VA people.  Maggie loves her class and Molly just started the parent and me baby class which is also fun.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"