LGBT Parenting
Options

Weekend Plans

What are you doing this weekend? What plans do you have?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Weekend Plans

• Options

Tonight - grocery shopping and cleaning.

Saturday - cleaning some more and making food for a baby shower that I'm co-hosting on Sunday.

Sunday - co-hosting baby shower.

**disclaimer - my house isn't really that messy.  I always write that I'm cleaning but since it's normally only done inf 15-20min spurts it gets spread out over a few days. ** :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Today - leaving work shortly and taking my wife to the Big E :)

Tomorrow - RB has dance and in the afternoon we are visiting my nana.

Sunday - am church, pm tbd

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Tonight-  Probably nothing because the wife is usually pretty comotose after a week teaching teenagers math and computer science.  Otherwise I will be catching up with the DVR.

Saturday-  We both have grad school work to do, some more review of our finances prepping for all the money we are about to spend trying to have a baby, and some fun.   Going to the Drive-In movies...9 bucks each gets us Dolphin Tale, Contagion, and The Help.  Makes a very awesome and cheap date night.

Sunday- FOOTBALL!!!!  I really hope the Ravens play better this week.  We have a standing double date with our favorite other couple so that is fun stuff.

We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • Options

Tonight L is going to see Stephen King speak (her favorite author.) I was going to go with her, but we weren't able to find a sitter. And it is probably a good thing, because I have a lot of stuff to do tonight so we can leave in the morning.

Tomorrow I am taking the boys and flying to Maine to bury my mother's ashes. L was supposed to go, but is having some medical complications and doesn't feel well enough to travel/walk around a city/etc. I am really bummed and she feels badly for not going. We'll bury my mother tomorrow afternoon with just us present (no service - we did that at the time of her death.)

Sunday - I want to go to the LL Bean outlet Wink I am sure the kids will go swimming at the hotel, we will probably go see some of my dad's friends (he grew up there), I want to take the kids to the ice cream stand I went to all the time as a kid. We'll drive back to Portland where my dad is staying.

We are there through Tuesday afternoon. I think we'll take a boat tour, do some sightseeing, etc. I wish we weren't staying so long - when I booked the flight, I had no idea my dad would schedule the burial the same day we arrived. Oh well.

• Options

Mostly recooperating (sp?), with a little shopping, baking, and cleaning thrown in.  I'm making pumpkin snickerdoodles and Snic.kers cupcakes.

ETA:  I'm going to my dad's church on Sunday because he's doing some sort of speech and he invited me...  I hope somebody else in my family will come with me b/c I'm not terribly comfortable in churches and I've a scardey cat.

• Options

Friday - Movie night with the kids (what flavor popcorn should I make?), bake/decorate J's UFC themed birthday cake.

Saturday - Watch the fight and celebrate J's birthday at her parents house.

Sunday - Rodeo!

• Options

imagemandykatie:
    Mostly recooperating (sp?), with a little shopping, baking, and cleaning thrown in.  I'm making pumpkin snickerdoodles and Snic.kers cupcakes.

Would you mind sharing this recipe?  Snickerdoodles are my favorite and these sound devine.

• Options

2brides - I should have told you this before, but my goddaughter also lives in VA (close to DC) and babysits occasionally (she's in school and has a job, so it's not the main thing she does, but she used to be a full-time nanny). She's almost 21, has her own (safe) car, and is an awesome young woman. PM me if you want her info. Smile

Plans for the weekend... Relaxing, relaxing, and relaxing some more! Today we'll take J to his one year appointment with his pedi, then we'll go high chair shopping.

Tomorrow we'll take him to the playground at some point, but other than that I have no idea what we're doing.

On Sunday, we're going to at least one open house, then dinner with J's godmother 2 (godmother 1 is above-mentioned goddaughter). Smile

• Options
    imagectbride08:

What is this? Is this a code for something I don't know?!?! :)

• Options
    image2brides:
    imagectbride08:

LOL The big E is something I have never been to but my wife talks about every year around this time.  It is like the New England Fair.  I believe it is called the Big Exposition.  She talks about the foot long corn dogs every year even though she hasnt been in like 7 years.

We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • Options

Friday - My brother is coming up from DC tonight since tomorrow we are going to...

Saturday - The Celtic Classic!! Yay! My whole fam is going and we're all wearing kilts, and I'm dorky excited for Shepard's Pie, Irish music, and the caber toss. Can.Not.Wait.

Sunday - Trav has two meetings that will keep him away most of the day, and my brother is spending Saturday night at my parents (Trav will bring him back Sunday late afternoon), so Gwen and I will have a day to ourselves. Maybe we'll go for a walk in the park if its not raining. 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Options
    imagebutterflygrooves:

imagemandykatie:

Would you mind sharing this recipe?  Snickerdoodles are my favorite and these sound devine.

Sure!  https://annies-eats.net/2011/09/23/pumpkin-snickerdoodles  About 80% of what I make (sweet and savory) comes from this blog.  I made her blueberry pie a few days ago and three people said, "It's the best pie I've ever had".  I definitely recommend Annie's blog!

• Options
    image2brides:
    imagectbride08:

this made me laugh out loud!  It is an annual fair in western MA. But it does sound shady... :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am still laughing about 2brides comment..

Today - 38 week check-up and then a double date with friends of ours -  though they left the plans up to me and I can't decide which underwear to wear at this point in my life so... who knows what we will be doing! 

Tomorrow - working around the house (aka-me sleeping, man I am so tired.  It hit me like a ton of bricks 2 days ago.  I can't seem to keep my head upright for the life of me) Final meeting with our doula in the afternoon and then.. who knows

Sunday - Football!! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Jen's mom and stepdad arrived very early this morning. We're a stopover on their train trip. Jen took the day off to hang out with them, but I'm at work. I don't know what we are doing tonight - I got some stuff out of the freezer just in case, but we'll probably do takeout and watch a movie.

Tomorrow we're going to the bonsai museum if it's not raining (it is mostly outdoors). They're leaving mid-afternoon, and we might go see Moneyball.

On Sunday I have my last long run before the marathon, 20 miles. So I'll be doing that basically all morning and afternoon (between getting to/from the gym, the stretching and the running). Sunday evening probably just low-key at home. This week has been very busy for both of us.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

CT--Just the two of you? no  kids?  Like a date??? Enjoy!

Tonight--Henson Unstrung (that's NOT Hanson Unplugged, jeankeri ;)

Tomorrow-- big catering event for work.  Then a few errands to run.   Evening--we have two dinner invites and we talked about not going to either.  (shhhh!)  We'll probably go to my co-worker's house, but skip the other one. We'll see.

Sunday-- See what items we need to get before we are licensed. Like diapers. Hang pictures in the nursery. Not that you'll ever be able to see pics because the bump hates me at work :(

• Options

2brides--I hope L feels better soon. I know it must be sad for you both not to be together during this time. I hope your weekend goes smoothly and you and the Boyz get to see some cool stuff (LL Bean store being one).

True--your disclaimer made me laugh! Sadly, I would have to "disclaim" the opposite of that.

J-n-K--Your stamina ASTOUNDS me! 38 weeks...has time flown?

Tonight--Hopefully some Panda Express and cuddle time. I am sure we will both fall asleep fast. Little Man kept C up most of the night, then about 3:30a he thought I should join the fun. C and I are both walking around with eyes half open.

Tomorrow--MUSIC CLASS STARTS! (Can you tell how much I enjoy the classes?) I am so looking forward to the new music and being around all the other families.

I am hoping that afterwards we will go and pick up the DVR box from the cable company. I love football season and since the Kiddos don't watch TV I don't get to watch the daytime games :-( .

A friend of mine is supposed to be in town tomorrow, but she hasn't contacted me since last she told me...so those plans are up in the air.

Sunday--Hopefully, Starbucks, playtime (possibly park), a good nap, and laundry. 

• Options
    imagemandykatie:
    imagebutterflygrooves:

imagemandykatie:

Sure!  https://annies-eats.net/2011/09/23/pumpkin-snickerdoodles  About 80% of what I make (sweet and savory) comes from this blog.  I made her blueberry pie a few days ago and three people said, "It's the best pie I've ever had".  I definitely recommend Annie's blog!

I love Annie's blog too! I made the salted caramel chocolate shortbread bars this week and brought them to work and had a ton of compliments and recipe requests. It was a 2 night process for me to make them (because you have to chill after pouring the hot caramel made from scratch) but mmm they were SO good. Highly recommend that recipe too!

• Options

2brides...hugs. I hope your weekend with the boys and family goes well and I hope L feels better soon. Thinking of you. And thanks for asking what I wanted to ask about the Big E!

Tonight: going to dinner and then a jazz orchestra concert with some ladies from the lgbt outdoors group I belong to.

Tomorrow: E is with her dad this weekend, but it's her very first soccer practice of the fall (and first time ever as far as that goes!) so I'm going to meet them there to get the scoop. It's looking to be our last warm beautiful day followed by many days of rain. So after soccer I'm thinking a motorcycle ride may be in order.

Sunday: Probably just chores and errands. Maybe some net.flix and some cooking.

• Options
    imageseattlekari:
    imagemandykatie:
    imagebutterflygrooves:

imagemandykatie:

I love Annie's blog too! I made the salted caramel chocolate shortbread bars this week and brought them to work and had a ton of compliments and recipe requests. It was a 2 night process for me to make them (because you have to chill after pouring the hot caramel made from scratch) but mmm they were SO good. Highly recommend that recipe too!

I'm glad to hear that!  They're on my holiday baking list :)

• Options

Tonight: Oil change after work. My mom is watching Ky since I have bloodwork at 8 AM and have to spend two hours there...yeah i am not even trying to entertain her at a lab for two hours. So Ann and I are taking advantage of the babysitter and going to the movies!

Sat: Bloodwork at 8 AM! Then to get Ky from my mom and grocery shop. Home to clean house/do laundry/etc.Lazy night at home.

Sun: Renaissance festival! I am so excited for this I cannot stop thinking about it! I keep thinking of all the yummy herbal tea I am going to get and the food...mmmmm. Low key night at home after!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    image2brides:

Tonight L is going to see Stephen King speak (her favorite author.) I was going to go with her, but we weren't able to find a sitter. And it is probably a good thing, because I have a lot of stuff to do tonight so we can leave in the morning.

Sooooo jealous....he's my favorite too.

• Options

Can you come clean ours... SHEEEESH !!!! I feel liek a flithy slob and ours is not that messy just has crap everywhere and baby stuff and baby stuff  and baby stuff... and piles and mail ... oh and did I mention Baby stuff

where is all this baby stuff supposed to go ... and we have clothed coming out of our ears - need to wash sort and put away .... UGGGGG

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    imagebutterflygrooves:

imagemandykatie:

yes share the recipe please love pumpkin anything  and  I wanna see that cake butterfly HAPPY B DAY TO J and POPCORN flavor should be DILL PICKLE!!!!

• Options

Tonight - TIDY TIDY TIDY  because my mom and dad are coming ... and some friend are coming for dinner to figure out events for our LGBT group.

Sat - Mom and Dad are coming YAY ... hopefully I can drag Melanie away for some time alone and mani pedi for her and sushi 

SUN- chill with NANA and SABA proll walk around somewhere who knows.

Monday- Parents leave and back to reality ....

We are trying to do that BABY WISE sleep thing..... OY VEY ....so far so good... 

Oh and SLOANS eye is a lil goopy but not red or pink anyone???  SHe does rub it a lot

• Options

This weekend I am FINALLY MOWING THE LAWN. I am. Even though I am pretty sure it will take me hours to beat back the 3 weeks' worth of growth with our on again/off again lawnmower.

And I need to go pick up some makeup (foundation) because I have been living out of one of those little sample bottles for the past month+.

And after the "look" S gave me the last time I interrupted her football watching to ask for help getting DS down for a nap, I will be driving her to the DVR place myself!

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options
    imagethiswillbe:

And after the "look" S gave me the last time I interrupted her football watching to ask for help getting DS down for a nap, I will be driving her to the DVR place myself!

Yes, my infamous "look." Stick out tongue

• Options

Friday- Movie night for E before bed.  I am letting her watch Tangled right now.  DW is at the library and I am pooped.  DW is picking up dinner on her way home.  There is this awesome burger place where we live and it is so yummy I am pumped (lee's burgers in newton center for the boston peeps).

Tomorrow DW is at the library again and I am going to see if my parents can come or I can drop E off so I can have some alone time.  I just want to go to the craft store to make E an sensory tub by myself even if it is just for an hour.  Jeez I would settle for sitting in starbucks by myself at this point.

Sunday we have a play date with a family we met in P-town in the morning.  So fun to make some new friends.  Did I mention that one of their daughters is like E's double.  We actually had to have a "talk" about donors since they look so alike.  People confused them all week and several people thought they were twins. Football in the afternoon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    image2brides:
    imagectbride08:

watch it...you're gonna get me in trouble...Two and I will be hittin the Big E together next weekend Embarrassed 

lol!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"