Preemies
Options

New to Board

Hi everyone!  Just wanted to intro myself and DS.  DS was born June 17 at 33 weeks and 5 days (due date 7/31).  He was 5 lbs 6 oz at birth - I had GD, which I think explains why he was as big as he was.  He stayed in the Special Care Nursery until discharged July 3 - what an Independence Day we celebrated!!! :-) I was lucky enough to be able to stay in a room in the hospital free of charge to be close to him.  He came home on an Apnea monitor (had some Brady issues in the hospital) and is still on it, but even though it has gone off, we haven't had any big scares and it's more limited use now.  He also takes med for reflux and right now we're battling a case of thrush.  I'm happy to report he weighed in at 9lbs 9.5 oz at yesterday's checkup.  I was worried he wouldn't gain enough as he's started sleeping for longer stretches, but the ped said he's doing great and to let him keep sleeping - thank God b/c I'll take whatever sleep I can get!
image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New to Board

• Options
    Congrats on your DS...sounds like he is doing great :-) Keep up the good work!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congrats on your LO and welcome! There are some NICU resources in my siggy that may or may not be helpful to you at this point.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats on your little one! I am so glad to hear that he is doing well and sleeping longer at night! I love to hear how he is gaining weight too! How long did they say that he will have to continue to stay with the apnea monitor since he isn't having any episodes? Keep up the good work!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

His last "significant" episode was Aug 2.  He didn't need CPR or anything, but he needed a pat on the back.  Since then, he's had some alarms, but has always been pink and not needed anything.  We go back Oct 12 to have the machine read again and if there haven't been any more significant episodes, he will be off! Keeping my fingers crossed for that....although, it is good piece of mind for me having the monitor. 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome & congratulations! He's gaining great! My DS shared your son's issues of A's & B's (mostly B's) and came home on a monitor. I looked at the monitor like I looked at NICU eventually - don't expect a concrete day to be off it.
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!  My DD1 came home on oxygen and a cardiac/apnea monitor for 3 months.  Both girls are 1 now, and doing well. 
    TTC for 12 years. m/c 2009. BFP on New Year's 2010. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"