TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Waiting, then waiting, and finally, more waiting

MH and I decided we are definitely going forward with IVF. So exciting/terrifying!

As soon as we decided to pull the trigger I had the overwhelming desire to start RIGHT NOW. Of course, that's not practical. I researched a bunch of places, compared prices, success rates, etc. Then I found the place I was most interested in and booked an appointment... for three weeks later. That wait seemed like forever! We just got back from the appointment this morning. Everything looks good so far. But because I just started a new cycle I have to wait at least another month before I can even start an IVF cycle. And once I start that I have at least two weeks of BCP! We've been TTC for 2.5 years, so I know that this two month wait shouldn't be that hard. But for some reason it is just unbearable!

Here's my plan for using my waiting time wisely:

1. Big diet, hopefully drop a few lbs before we start stimming

2. Wine (I know that one and two don't work together that well, but I'm going to enjoy wine while I can. Hopefully I will be forced to abstain soon.)

3. Obssessively making sure every. single. thing. is ready for IVF. Including all pre-tests, getting all of the necessary meds in my possession, and making sure that all of medical records are transferred over.

4. Figuring out who we're getting financing through.

5. Compiling all of our receipts for fertility treatments this year for next year's taxes.

6. Oogling baby stuff online (especially after I do #2. Er... on the list, I mean)

So there's a little update from me. What is going on in your world? What do you do to keep yourself busy during all of the waiting involved with IF?

Re: Waiting, then waiting, and finally, more waiting

• Options
    Glad the appt this am went well and hope the wait goes quickly for you!  How exciting that you guys are moving forward.
  • Options
    The waiting is the worst isn't it?  I'm glad you guys are moving forward with IVF, I hope you only need one cycle to get KTFU!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think once you made a big decision it's harder to have to wait to put the plan in action. That's how I've always been.

AND if you drink red wine, it'll help your heart. So, WIN! for #2. hehe. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

*hugs*  This is good news and a good plan.  The waiting can be daunting, but it'll be worth it.  And with fall and the Holidays approaching, 2 months will be over in a blink!

My plan for now:

1.  Eat Sushi -- b/c hopefully I can't soon!!!

2. Continue exercise routing/healthy eating, but try to drop 5lbs

3. Focus on my upcoming craft fair to keep my mind occupied

4. Call the doctor about possibly going off Clomid/switching meds. 

I'm sure more plans will come.... :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Does your clinic but you on BCP to cycle people together? If not, and if you're not likely to hyperstim, you might be able to skip BCP :)

I think the wine is a good idea. Enjoy it while you can! Also, try to get on the OOP meds donation list that the IF girls run. Maybe you'll be able to acquire some meds for free.

Yay, this is exciting! 

• Options
    So excited for you and hope the time passes quickly for you. I try to work on my crafts to keep my mind off things. When I'm having a hopeful day I make a private baby wishlist of items I hope to buy someday.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    Yaay for a plan! FX for you! The wait always sucks, but your plan sounds great! GL!

PGAL/PAL welcome

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • Options
    imageColindaP:

Does your clinic but you on BCP to cycle people together? If not, and if you're not likely to hyperstim, you might be able to skip BCP :)

I think the wine is a good idea. Enjoy it while you can! Also, try to get on the OOP meds donation list that the IF girls run. Maybe you'll be able to acquire some meds for free.

Yay, this is exciting! 

My RE said that it's to make sure that all of my follicles have the chance to grow at the same rate. They don't need to cycle us together because they have a full-time embryologist on-site. I think I will only need to be on the BCP for two weeks though. Oh yeah, he's putting me on an antagonist protocol, which suprised me. I guess I thought long Lupron was more common or something. I don't know if that has anything to do with the BCPs though. Great idea about the OOP meds program! My RE said that I could use the 14 vials of Menopur I already have, so that will help a lot too.

Thanks for the suggestions about crafts, everyone! I have some scrapbooking and sewing that I could do.

• Options
    How exciting!  I'm glad the appointment went well, and I hope the next two months fly by for you.  I really hope the IVF brings you your take home baby!
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    I just wanted to say good luck..it sounds like you have everything in order.. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers DoriBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That sounds like a great plan!!!  So glad that you are able to move forward and it will be here before you know it! 
  • Options
    Good luck, Heather! I hope this IVF cycle works for you
    Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section
  • Options
    That's great that you've made the decision and are raring to go! Sounds like your plan to pass the time is a good one. I hope this IVF does the trick!
    BFP #1 10/17/09: missed m/c at 7 weeks; BFP #2 10/22/10: chemical pregnancy; BFP #3: 1/28/11

Baby Boy Smudgie born 10/4/11

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/triple_sevens/?action=view

• Options
    I love seeing all the comments from all of you who have graduated. It warms my icy heart! I hope to join you soon. Thanks for not forgetting about me!
  • Options
    Wishing you lots and lots of luck!!
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's so exciting! I hope the next two months go quickly!

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

• Options
    That sounds like a great list.  I hope IVF is successful for you, Heather!!  Did you look into the cade foundation?
    Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • Options
    image+SMACE+:

I think once you made a big decision it's harder to have to wait to put the plan in action. That's how I've always been.

AND if you drink red wine, it'll help your heart. So, WIN! for #2. hehe. 

This! Nothing sucks more than making a decision that you can't take action on right away. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"