March 2012 Moms
Options

Today's Craving...Pierogies!

So I design grocery store ads for a living.  There are bacon, cheddar, onion and four cheese pierogies on sale in the Oct. 1st ad that I'm working on today.  Now I really want some!!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Today's Craving...Pierogies!

• Options
    I was just thinking about those!!!  DH's family is Polish and he loves to make them!  we actually found an AMAZING Polish deli when we were living in Vegas and visited them quite frequently :)  I think we'll be searching the store for those this afternoon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Those sound delicious! I've been having pierogies for dinner every night for like the past week (MH pan fries them in veg. oil with some garlic). They're the only food I can eat consistently that doesn't make me feel sick and isn't really heavy. Plus, they just taste so good! I've been eating the potato and cheddar ones but I also really like the ones with onions. I've never heard of ones with bacon before but I will definitely be looking the next time I'm at the store!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What a job to have while pregnant!  Am I the only one who is totally susceptible to food suggestions right now?  Most days I can't even look at the "What's for dinner" thread.  I decided last time that selling food ads to pregnancy magazines would be a very good way to make a living :)  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a bag in my freezer right now! Oh yum, now I know what I'm having for dinner tonight.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Now i want pierogies. Thanks. 

and since we're doing Polish, I want kolaches. Actually I've wanted those for a while. I like the savory ones, which aren't technically kolaches but something else, but in TX we called them all kolaches.

I used to be "Chasingthedog" but it would never let me update my profile.
    The Sheepdog | My sorry looking chart
  • Options

imagekmhunt11:
    What a job to have while pregnant!  Am I the only one who is totally susceptible to food suggestions right now?  Most days I can't even look at the "What's for dinner" thread.  I decided last time that selling food ads to pregnancy magazines would be a very good way to make a living :)  

Even when I'm not pregnant the sale items sometimes make me hungry for something that I would not otherwise want.  That is a good idea for pregnancy magazines to solicit ads to food manufacturers.  Fit Pregnancy probably wouldn't jump on board, haha.  We did all our grocery shopping last night and I didn't even think about buying pierogies.  Wonder if my husband will stop for me on the way home?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Totally split a box of pierogis with DH for dinner last night.  Possibly shameful, but I was in no place to cook and he was happy to pull the first thing he saw out of the fridge. 

imageMrs_MBed:
    I was just thinking about those!!!  DH's family is Polish and he loves to make them!  we actually found an AMAZING Polish deli when we were living in Vegas and visited them quite frequently :)  I think we'll be searching the store for those this afternoon!

Ooh tell me more about this deli!  We're midwestern transplants who are having the hardest time finding good Polish food around here.  It would be awesome to be able to bring something back next time we're in Vegas! 

• Options
    THAT.SOUNDS.AMAZING.

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

• Options
    Mmmmm pierogies are soooooooooo good.
    dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I seriously think that 65% of my cravings are because of The Bump. 20% are due to tv ads. 10% coworkers, and 5% things I legitimately want.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    imagelisaNDmike08:

Totally split a box of pierogis with DH for dinner last night.  Possibly shameful, but I was in no place to cook and he was happy to pull the first thing he saw out of the fridge. 

imageMrs_MBed:

Ooh tell me more about this deli!  We're midwestern transplants who are having the hardest time finding good Polish food around here.  It would be awesome to be able to bring something back next time we're in Vegas! 

DH loved it - as soon as he walked in they started talking to him in Polish, it was like being back in his grandma's kitchen :) 

I found the address:  5900 W Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89146.  Its in the shopping center on the northeast corner of Jones Blvd and Charleston

Are you in Vegas or Los Angeles?  There is a place DH found in the LA area as well and it was just on Diners, Drive-In's and Dives.

Found it: Polka Catering 4112 Verdugo Road Los Angeles, CA

• Options

imagekmhunt11:

I have this same problem!  DH can't even talk about junk food in a joking manner because suddenly that's what I want.  I haven't had any intense cravings on my own, it's all been due to the power of suggestion.  I'll see an ad for something and then suddenly I HAVE to have it that night.

And pierogies sound really good now!

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Options
    imagetwentyeightlegs:

and since we're doing Polish, I want kolaches. Actually I've wanted those for a while. I like the savory ones, which aren't technically kolaches but something else, but in TX we called them all kolaches.

I want pierogies too.  I miss those Texas Kolaches as well.  I moved to VA 12 years ago and I so miss them.

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imageibnagy99:
    imagetwentyeightlegs:

I want pierogies too.  I miss those Texas Kolaches as well.  I moved to VA 12 years ago and I so miss them.

If you're anywhere close to Williamsburg, there is a Polish shop called Kielbasa not far off of Bypass Rd.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, Mrs_MBed!  Will look forward to trying both of those places asap!!
  • Options
    I have a co-worker that is an amazing cook and I was telling her about a polish dish called Haluski (cabbage, noodles, and butter) last week. I gave her the recipe and she cooked up an amazing pot of it for me with a side of kielbasa. I was in heaven..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imageDR1819:
    I have a co-worker that is an amazing cook and I was telling her about a polish dish called Haluski (cabbage, noodles, and butter) last week. I gave her the recipe and she cooked up an amazing pot of it for me with a side of kielbasa. I was in heaven..

Mmm, my dad makes awesome Haluski.

• Options
    Seeing this post just sparked my craving....  I haven't had pirogues in years, but I really want some now.  With sour cream and apple sauce on the side!  Might have to change my dinner plans...

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"