Rash or something else? CD users please — The Bump
May 2011 Moms

Rash or something else? CD users please

LO has never gotten a rash. He's had that red burn like bum sometimes but only his bum and with a bath and some air it goes away. Now it's more on the skin between his belly button and his weewee, like the triangle from a bikini. His bum looks a little red but no rash. This rash looks like the prickly heat. I noticed it earlier today and tonight after the bath I noticed more on his legs like the outline of the diaper but here's the kicker, it looks like it's spreading to his belly, chest and now on his cheeks! Not as bad as the diaper area, but still small red raised bumps. I typically use GroVia Magic Stick and in occasion I have used Burt's Bee's rash cream. What can it be and what can I do? DS doesn't seem uncomfortable or itchy at all. Confused

Re: Rash or something else? CD users please

• I have no experience with this, but has he been exposed to anything new recently?
  • image MrsSparklebottom:
    Sounds like what B has. I think it's yeast. Haven't been to the dr. yet, but it's responding to tea tree oil and olive oil mixture. If it's not gone soon we'll be going to the pedi.

I read in different articles that the topical use of tea tree oil is bad for boys because it alters hormone levels. But I'd rather try something natural first.

• Loading the player...
  • image McAllie5:
    I have no experience with this, but has he been exposed to anything new recently?

I tried to think of what has he come in contact with, but nothing new, I still use the same detergent, same bath/lotion products for him. I'm calling his pedi tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards