February 2011 Moms
Options

TTC while nursing--any helpful advice?

Help! TTC while nursing my 7 mo old. Didn't want to give up nursing but still haven't had first period! I know my chances are slim to none... any helpful advice to get period back and prego again without having to give up on nursing? At this point weaning is not an option... am I stuck waiting it out? BUT the timing is right NOW! want kiddos close in age.Anyone have any success?

Re: TTC while nursing--any helpful advice?

• Options
    Ask this on the 2 under 2 board, you'll get more answers.
    dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Options

I think there are a few ladies on the 6-9 board who succeeded. My mom was able to get pregnant while BFing. Also, you may want to try asking on the Trying To Get Pregnant board, but refrain from using the word "prego." They don't like that word. They may be able to help you learn how to temp and stuff like that.

Also, seeing your OB for advice and questions is always a good idea. Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was wondering this same thing!  We're still exclusively nursing and no sign of AF in sight.  I go to a local breastfeeding meeting and it sounds like most of the women (of course with exceptions) got their periods back when their little ones started having longer sleep stretches during the night.  Anxious to hear answers!
  • Options
    Got my first PP af when my first two were 10-11 months old.  I found out #2 was coming right after #1 turned 1.  They are 21 months apart. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"