Northern California Babies
Options

Good OBGYN in Fremont area?

Hi girls,

I'm new to theBump, and just needed some recommendations on a good OBGYN in the Fremont, Ca area. There is a Palo Alto Medication Foundation (PAMF) hospital in my area, but I am not sure if it is a good hospital for giving birth, and I also not sure which doctor is good there? Any recommendation on a good OBGYN at PAMF or any hospitals nearby would be helpful!

I willing to go outside of Fremont area if necessary.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Good OBGYN in Fremont area?

• Options
    I live in Fremont and had my daughter at Washington Hospital.  I don't know if they are PAMF as I had Blue Shield at the time.  My OB/GYN was Dr Stacey Barrie (there are 2 Dr Barries in the office) again not sure if they are PAMF.  I now have Kaiser so I just know what I've heard from friends.  I heard that Dr Burr is a good PAMF OBGYN.  
    imageimage
    107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
    Read 2012: 33/50
  • Options

I live in Fremont as well and delivered at Washington. I'm with PAMF ? all their OBs deliver at Washington, so you don't really have a choice in hospital if you go through PAMF Fremont. It's also not guaranteed that your OB will deliver your baby, it's whoever PAMF has on-call at that time.

During my pregnancy, I saw Liz Lewis (CN Midwife) and Dr. Sarda-Maduro (OB). I also saw Dr. Krishnan for my 39 and 40 week appts when Dr. Sarda-Maduro went on sabbatical. I went through three OBs at the hospital (I was in labor for 36 hours) ? Drs Ngo, Patel and Ge. I am satisfied with PAMF so far. PM me if you want any more details about the OBs.

Dr. Stacey Barrie isn't with PAMF. She has her own practice in the Washington Outpatient Bldg (across the street from the hospital). My friend's mom works for her and she's a good OB.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for your feedback!

I tried looking up Dr. Stacie Barrie under my medical coverage and for some reason, I do not see her. I guess she is not under my plan. That's too bad, cause it sounds like she is good.

BloomingAutumn, it sounds like you had a lot of the OB's at PAMF. Who would you say is your favorite? I realized that you did not interact w/ most of them as much as your main doctor (Dr. Sarda-Maduro), but who did you like the best overall?

I wish that the doctor that you are seeing routinely is also the one to deliver your baby, but it sounds like that is not the policy at PAMF. Do you guys find that to be a problem?

• Options
    Ditto Bloominautumn. I have PAMF and love it. Most of the OB's are great. Elizabeth Lewis is my favorite midwife and after Dr.Sarda-Maduro delivered DS I switched to her as my primary OB. I had Dr.Nguyen and liked her as well...but Dr.Sarda is my fave. Dr. Burr is great, my friend had her with her high risk pregnancy and loves her. I will never switch from PAMF. I have had great Dr's for everything..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the confirmation!
  • Options

imagekatg378:

BloomingAutumn, it sounds like you had a lot of the OB's at PAMF. Who would you say is your favorite? I realized that you did not interact w/ most of them as much as your main doctor (Dr. Sarda-Maduro), but who did you like the best overall?

I wish that the doctor that you are seeing routinely is also the one to deliver your baby, but it sounds like that is not the policy at PAMF. Do you guys find that to be a problem?

I really like Dr. Sarda-Maduro and her nurse Rhiannon. I was bummed when she told me she was going on a month sabbatical two weeks before my due date. As far as the other OB's, Dr. Ngo was my admitting OB at Washington. She was ok. A friend of mine had her as her OB and said that she was kind of standoffish at their appointments. Dr. Patel was really nice. She tried everything to make me go into labor (I was induced) and fully understood that I wanted to avoid having a c-section. Dr. Ge ended up delivering my baby via c-section. She was very efficient and my c/s scar looks awesome and healed really well, but I wasn't a fan of how she didn't seem all that sympathetic when I cried over having to have a c/s.

I tried not to get too attached to my OB since I knew that there was a possibility that someone else would deliver my baby. To be honest, there wasn't a whole lot of interaction between myself and the doctors during labor. I spent time with the nurses more than the doctors. I went through a lot of nurses during my stay at Washington. My advice is to have a birth plan and be really clear about your wishes from the beginning.

Hope this helps!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"