Preemies
Options

Ugh...Vivian is back in the NICU

I was so hopeful this would not happen with my girls that once they were home they would thrive and all would be good. Vivian's chronic lung diease is affecting her heart now and she is working really hard to breathe. Hopefully they will get that fixed so she can come home soon.I am told she will be here at least two weeks. :-(
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Ugh...Vivian is back in the NICU

• Options
    Ugh, I am so sorry to read this!  I'll be thinking of you and V! 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    I'm so sorry.  I hope she's back home soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh no!  I hope they get it figured out quickly and she can come home again soon. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh gosh. I am SO SORRY!!!! My guy had to return to NICU, too! :( It was the worst - worse than the first time even if it was shorter. I was so depressed. ::hugs:: I pray V gets sorted out and feeling fine SOON! I hate hearing of anyone going back :(
  • Options

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this. Do you have help so someone can watch A and C while you visit V? Its great you caught the problem and they are working on fixing it quickly but I know it must be SO hard to go back.

V is such a fighter-she will kick this! Keep us posted and let me know if we can do anything!

• Options
    So sorry to hear this...that must be so tough.  V's a fighter though, and she'll get through this setback and be home again in no time!
  • Options

I'm sorry Sad  I know how bad it sucks from personal experience.  Please keep us posted on V's progress.  She's such a little fighter!

Sidenote - is V on oxygen at home?  does she have a heart murmur?  I ask these questions because H had several episodes of going up and down on his oxygen support before they neos were able to diagnose his pulmonary hypertension.  It's not common for it to develop, so it's one of the last things they think of.  Once the neos figured out what was going on with H and started treatment, he just took off. 

• Options
    Oh I'm sorry to hear this. Praying for little Vivian and your family. Please keep us posted.

• Options
    Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes.

bhilyer-she is on home oxygen and she also had a murmur which she had a PDA ligation to correct. The Neos have a pulomonary Dr looking in on her and hopefully they will figure it out.

• Options
    Kck-my MIL stays with us and my aunt helps out a lot. I feel like we did not catch it though....it turns out her condition is worse than thought. The Neo said that by her lack of bottle feeding was a good indication of something being wrong but because she has a feeding tube we would not have realized something was up because either way she got fed. Parenting is hard.
  • Options

imageChickensFive:
    Kck-my MIL stays with us and my aunt helps out a lot. I feel like we did not catch it though....it turns out her condition is worse than thought. The Neo said that by her lack of bottle feeding was a good indication of something being wrong but because she has a feeding tube we would not have realized something was up because either way she got fed. Parenting is hard.

Parenting is SO hard--especially when your babies are sick. Please don't feel like you missed something! You are doing such a good job with your girls. I'm glad you have help so you don't have to feel as guilty running back and forth. Keep us updated on her progress, I'm thinking about all five of you!

• Options
    imagekck329:

imageChickensFive:

Parenting is SO hard--especially when your babies are sick. Please don't feel like you missed something! You are doing such a good job with your girls. I'm glad you have help so you don't have to feel as guilty running back and forth. Keep us updated on her progress, I'm thinking about all five of you!

Thanks. :-) I will keep you posted.
  • Options
    imageChickensFive:
    imagekck329:

imageChickensFive:

How are A and C by the way? 

• Options
    imagekck329:
    imageChickensFive:
    imagekck329:

imageChickensFive:

How are A and C by the way? 

They are good. Cece is over 10lbs now and Annie is over 9lbs. Both are smiling constantly and getting close to LOL.
  • Options
    That's so great to hear! They are getting to be big girls and nothing is greater than baby smiles and laughs!

I hope V is having a better day today!

• Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this! T&Ps to you and I hope V's stay is short.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    I'm sorry.  T&P!
  • Options
    Im sorry to hear this. I hope she gets well soon!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Damn. I'm sorry to hear this Sad

T+Ps for an uneventful stay!

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear about this!  Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!   Setbacks are never a good thing but it's where she needs to be to get better...
    Olivia Madison born July 27th, 2011 at 27w6d at 10:44pm 1lb 11oz 13 1/2 inches delivered c-section due to Severe Preeclampsia and PIH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"