Preemies
Options

::KCK::

I saw your response to my solids thread over on the May board.

JS is all about real food these days.  Last night he ate sweet potatoes, pears and oatmeal.  The kid is a bottomless pit!  I really think he's ready for breakfast and dinner, but I'm not ready to let the nanny feed him yet.  (I need to let go of some of my control issues.)

H hates food right now.  He seems to like fruits much more than veggies.  Sweets, like me Smile  I can't figure out if he is too tired for dinner, if he's really not ready or if he is just stubborn.  

The past 2 nights, I've had him sit in the high chair while I fed JS.   I really think a lot of his issue with feeding is having to sit.  While in the hospital, he was receiving PT 2x a week and they were working on the tightness in his neck and shoulders.  He doesn't even like to "sit" on my legs.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ::KCK::

• Options

Its great to hear all the things JS likes-I'm hoping that means C will be the same in a few weeks! Big Smile Did he like oatmeal better than rice cereal? The rice cereal is really NOT popular here. We are moving on to avocado tomorrow.

It does sound like JS is ready for two meals a day but I would have the same hang ups about letting the nanny feed them. I still worry about my mom giving C bottles during the day when I'm working (mostly since she still has some intense choking episodes).

Sorry H is still having such a hard time. Does he get PT or OT at home? I can send you some of the things our OT has us do with C to work on sitting up but I'm guessing you have someone doing that with him.

Maybe try feeding them at a different time of day on the weekend and see how that goes?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"