Health & Exercise
Options

still feeling pregnant after having my lil boy.

I had my son on 9/17/2011.  I weighed 120lbs before getting pregnant and at time of delivery I weighed in at 191lbs (the most I have EVER weighed).  I just want to know how long it will take to get rid of the pregnant look.  I seems I still look like I should have a 2nd baby in there and its quite depressing as I have always been skinny.   I have been breastfeeding since day one and dont seem to be noticing any changes in my appearance.  My feet and lower legs are even swollen still.  I thought about starting to workout today ... what do you think? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: still feeling pregnant after having my lil boy.

• Options
    Cut yourself some slack.  Its only been 3 days.  You didnt put on all the weight and fluid in a fews days and its going to take some time to get it off.  Your body needs some time to heal after delievery.  I know most doctors recommend 6 weeks before resuming normal exercise.  I would think you need to give yourself at least 2-3 weeks before working out.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    Ditto on taking it easy for now.  Check with your doc regarding your feet and lower legs, to see if it's okay regarding exercise.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Im sorry, I didnt mean really working out ... like sweating it out or anything, I meant just putting the lil one in the stroller and walking around the mall or walking the dog.  There is NO way I could just jump on a treadmill right now.

Thank you ladies for the feedback.  I know I shouldnt be concerned, but none of this was in the 'pregnancy / childbirth handbook'.

By the way, I cant seem to stop staring at my lil boy.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was very fit and lean pre-pg. and it took me a good few weeks before most of the pooch went down. It took another couple of months for most of the rest of it to go down. I'm 5 months pp and only have a very slight bulge that you don't notice unless I'm wearing a form-fitting shirt. I think I could just about get rid of it if I had time to get some exercise in. I'm just too busy right now.

As for your legs, give them another week or two. If they don't go back to normal soon, see your doctor.

Definitely give your body at least two-three weeks to recover from your delivery before you reassess. I remember right after DS was born. I couldn't imagine things going back to normal, but they do. It just takes time and you have to be kind to yourself. For me, it took about a month or two for the big things to feel more normal (swelling, tummy, core, minor tear from delivery) and about four months for the smaller details to feel normal (girl bits during sex, feeling normal when I contract my abs, going #2). 

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I still looked six months pregnant when I left the hospital two days after giving birth. Everyone does. I had an 8 pounds baby and only lost a total of 3 pounds.

I wouldn't recommend walking much if you had any tearing at all. I was really eager to feel like my old self again and went for a walk the morning after giving birth with a "minor" first degree tear. By day 4, I called the midwife crying because I was in so much pain. After an inspection, she told me to get my butt to the sofa and stay there!

You're expecting too much too soon. You'll feel like a blob for a little while, but your body needs time to heal. Breastfeeding helps with both involution and weight, but it's not magic.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"