TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

How do you get DH to take his multi?

Ugh! Please tell me other husbands are as difficult as mine!? 

Last year I realized that I had to buy him the gummy vitamins in order for him to take them. That's fine, i'll do that! He'd take them for awhile, then forget for awhile, take them for awhile, forget...

Right now I'm forcing him to get back on taking them again. I also added some Zinc {which is not chewable} and he seriously rolls his eyes at me when I had him the glass of water as the "gentle" reminder to take them. Or he growls if I ask him if he has taken them yet. 

I just keep wondering if there's a better way? Maybe I could make a wager out of "If you take the whole weeks worth of pills, at the end of the week i'll ______." ?

Do you ladies do anything that works?  

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

Re: How do you get DH to take his multi?

• I have to physically take them out and hand them to my DH with a glass of water. So no, you are not alone. If I'm gone, or he's traveling, he doesn't take them on his own. Sigh.

Just curious, why zinc? I was going to add it to his too, but it's because of his smoking, and he's been getting really bad bruises lately that last forever (another bad thing about smoking).

* PG #1 2/26/09: mm/c 4/14/09 at 10w4d | PG #2 8/5/09: mm/c 9/29/09 at 11w3d (boy) * 
    * CP's 4/14/10, 9/1/10, 4/19/11, 5/24/11, 10/14/13, 11/16/13 *
    * Ectopic 1/17/14 - nothing on u/s at 6w4d * 
    * PG #7 BFP 12/21/11 - DD born 8/31/12 * 
    * DH Dx'd with balanced translocation in 2011 *

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagecsquared426:

I have to physically take them out and hand them to my DH with a glass of water. So no, you are not alone. If I'm gone, or he's traveling, he doesn't take them on his own. Sigh.

Just curious, why zinc? I was going to add it to his too, but it's because of his smoking, and he's been getting really bad bruises lately that last forever (another bad thing about smoking).

I read it in Making Babies that zinc is good for sperm count... here's what I found on a website.

3. Get Plenty of Zinc

According to several studies, zinc deficiency decreases male fertility, resulting in low sperm count, ejaculate volume, and sex drive.  Improve male fertility by eating food sources rich in zinc, such as oysters, nuts, and lean meats.  Men may also take zinc supplements.  

• Loading the player...
  • My husband has the gummy chews too. We moved them beside the coffee pot and he claims he remembers to take them most mornings, although I'm kind of doubtful. It seems most days I ask he has forgotten.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • imageMissa_g:
    My husband has the gummy chews too. We moved them beside the coffee pot and he claims he remembers to take them most mornings, although I'm kind of doubtful. It seems most days I ask he has forgotten.

I wish my DH did something every day like that. We have them on our side tables in the bedroom and take them at night. But most nights DH goes to bed before I do.

I also put them into a weekly organizer, so now unless he takes the time to put them back into the pill bottles, I can see if he really took them or not.  

• Sneak his phone and set a recurring "reminder" in his calendar  :)  This is what I would do! lol.   Thanks for the info on Zinc.  I'll be sure to get some for DH!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the same problem!!!!  DH forgets all the time - so frustrating!  My strategy is to leave them out on the table where we eat dinner everynight so he bumps into them and is like oh yeah.  LOL   C'mon guys - we're already doing a lot of the freaking work here - step it up a notch!

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • I don't even know if DH is taking his vitamins.  For awhile he was taking large amounts of vitamin C to help with the agglutination, but Dr said it wasn't really necessary.  I think he takes it pretty regularly...  maybe.  I don't have any tricks.  I just ask DH if he has been taking them.  I'm not his Mom, if he isn't going to take them on his own, that is his deal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
  • imagePetraStonegirl:

I don't have him on a multi yet, because I'm working him towards it. Right now when he's brushing his teeth before bed, I'm laying out all the pills I have to take. I drop a D3 in front of him, next to his water glass. If he doesn't take it by the time I've taken all mine and brushed my teeth, I take it and his water to him. He fussed at first, but is good about it now. So, now onto a multi.

This cracked me up - it sounds like we are all talking about children here.

* PG #1 2/26/09: mm/c 4/14/09 at 10w4d | PG #2 8/5/09: mm/c 9/29/09 at 11w3d (boy) * 
    * CP's 4/14/10, 9/1/10, 4/19/11, 5/24/11, 10/14/13, 11/16/13 *
    * Ectopic 1/17/14 - nothing on u/s at 6w4d * 
    * PG #7 BFP 12/21/11 - DD born 8/31/12 * 
    * DH Dx'd with balanced translocation in 2011 *

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagecsquared426:

I have to physically take them out and hand them to my DH with a glass of water. So no, you are not alone. If I'm gone, or he's traveling, he doesn't take them on his own. Sigh.

Exactly.  I was so annoyed b/c I had bought the expensive fertility kind and he still wasn't taking them!

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

• Right now DH is taking fertility blend, omega 3 fish oil and co-q 10.  All the bottles are sitting out on the kitchen counter and he is taking them at some point when he walks into the kitchen between dinner and bed.  Now how he remembers if he took them that day or not, I have no idea, I keep mine in a pill dispenser. 

I do ask him about it, but not every day.  Last year when he was taking vitamins he kept them on his bedside table and I think he forgot them more often.  I would like to say that maybe after seeing me go through IVF twice he finally realized that he needed to step it up. 

Although now that I've said how good he is - he'll probably forget!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH and I take our vitamins at the same time every evening, because I hand him his,and they are chewable. Like you we have been at this a while and still without me handing it to him, he does not take them.
    TTC since July 2009 ^Rosemary^ May 7, 2010 Holding my rainbow, Beatrix, since August 21, 2012
  • Hmmm... I think the wager is working!!! I told him that I could not remind him at all, so it's off my shoulders!! 

But... we'll see how long this excitement lasts.  

• Grind it up and put it in his dinner. 
    Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • imagesuntoto:
    Grind it up and put it in his dinner. 

LOL. "Honey? Why does this sauce taste like butt?"

As for the original question, I leave it up to him. He has a couple other meds he needs to take everyday, too, so he's got a pill sorter in the upstairs bathroom. If he doesn't take them I'm certainly not going to nag.

12 long, hard years of TTC-
    Miscarriages, losses, lots of treatments & drugs & IVF

Natural BFP (WTF?!) - 06/04/11 ~ lots of complication and drama, but sweet baby Adele born 02/07/12!

BFP #million -another girl for us! EDD - 05-08-15 (but will come early)

• My biggestest problem is that I have to constantly remind him to do EVERYTHING, so taking meds is no different.  So, I try to remember every night.  It is very annoying for me though.  Like I do not have enough to remember :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers DoriBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You're not alone. I have no idea how to get mine to take his unless I hand it to him with a glass of water and watch him swallow. I don't know why it's so hard for him to remember one freakin' pill when I have multiple pills to take over many times throughout the day and I remember them all. 

Do you have as much trouble getting him to go to the doctor, too? I swear, I'm going to have to book him an appointment if he's ever going to get a physical and bloodwork done... 

Suze
    TTC#1 since May 2009
    PCOS * Hypothyroid

Bean - BFP May 26, 2010. EDD Feb 3, 2011. Natural Miscarriage 8w5d - June 29, 2010.
    Pumpkin - BFP Feb 8, 2011. EDD Oct 21, 2011. Natural Miscarriage 6w3d - Feb 28, 2011.

Femera started November 2014. 3 rounds, no luck. Moving to IUI.
    March 2015: IUI#1 - nope.
    May 2015: IUI#2 - nada.
    October 2015: IUI#3 - BFP on Nov 2, 2015! *stick baby stick!*

• When I remember, I just tell him and he takes it.  I keep forgetting my PNV myself, so I've been packing it with my lunch so I can take it then.  Does your husband pack a lunch?  I would tuck it in there if he does Smile  GL!

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"