Oklahoma Babies

Birth experience at Mercy in OKC?

I'm wondering if anyone could share their experience with giving birth at Mercy. Specifically, there is a chance I might have to be induced, but I still want to go as low-tech/medicine-free as possible, and am wondering about Mercy's policies and procedures when it comes to inducing or just monitoring you and the baby, freedom to move around and stuff during labor, as well as what their standard practices are after the baby comes.
imageimage

Re: Birth experience at Mercy in OKC?

• I had my DS at Mercy in May.  I loved the experience and the nursing staff.  The lactation consultants are wonderful, too.  I was high risk and had a planned c-section, so the low-tech/medicine free route wasn't available to me.  I would also recommend their classes highly.
  • We delivered DS at Mercy in Dec 2010 and I absolutely loved it! We ended up in an emergency csection because of his heart rate, but had planned a natural delivery. The delivery nurse (Heather) was AMAZING!! They never pushed anything on us we didn't want. The postpartum nurses were great too and took awesome care of us. I especially like the fact that you have the nurses direct line so anytime you need them you can call. (There were a couple times I waited to long for pain meds lol). I can't say enough good things about them. Totally sad that if we want to vbac for #2 we have to go somewhere else!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"