Infertility
Options

Low progesterone 8dp5dt, worried

Since this is my first IVF cycle, I just don't know what to expect with these levels.  I had my 2nd blood work today, and the nurse just called and said my P4 has dropped from over 20 to 4.  She said it's normal and to increase my Crinone to twice a day.  My mind is going crazy now and of course I'm worried this is already a BFN.  My beta is a week away.  Anyone have any thoughts to share on low P4?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Low progesterone 8dp5dt, worried

• Options

Are you only on Crinone and not any PIO?

The only form of progesterone support that is accurately reflected in b/w is PIO. So, if you aren't on that, your P4 could very easily be much higher than what your b/w is showing.

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• Options
    imagemadelyn07:

The only form of progesterone support that is accurately reflected in b/w is PIO. So, if you aren't on that, your P4 could very easily be much higher than what your b/w is showing.

Thank you so much for replying, I'm sitting here crying my eyes out.  Yes, I'm on Crinone only.  Do you think I should call and ask to be put on PIO?   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagedancinaggie:
    imagemadelyn07:

Thank you so much for replying, I'm sitting here crying my eyes out.  Yes, I'm on Crinone only.  Do you think I should call and ask to be put on PIO?   

You could, if you need that reassurance in your b/w. (Which is how I am and my RE knows that).

But, if something is developing in there, it is getting enough P4. With supps and crinone, the progesterone goes right where it is needed, hence it not be able to be monitored in the b/w.

I'm sure it is fine. Your call.

GL.

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• Options
    Ditto Madelyn! PIO is the only progesterone support that is reflected in bloodwork! I def think the crinone is going where it needs to but it never hurts to call and ask. Good luck hun. 
    imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemadelyn07:
    imagedancinaggie:
    imagemadelyn07:

You could, if you need that reassurance in your b/w. (Which is how I am and my RE knows that).

But, if something is developing in there, it is getting enough P4. With supps and crinone, the progesterone goes right where it is needed, hence it not be able to be monitored in the b/w.

I'm sure it is fine. Your call.

GL.

I don't have advice, but this sounds pretty reassuring. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"