Potty Training

DS Finished Potty Training But...

I am shocked that DS finished potty training (started going poop on the potty all the time) once we brought DS2 home.  I was ready for regression but we went the other way!  Now my question is though how to get him to go on the big potty.  He will pee on it because he can stand up but he wont poop on it.  He really has to lean over (or thinks he does) and put pressure on his belly to poop AND my daycare had a different kids potty and he wouldn't poop on it so they got one just like I have at home and he will go on it.  I am not complaining as we are out of diapers and no accidents for almost 2 months now but how do I get him to go on the big one?  We have a kids seat for it too.  TIA.
Praying this little one sticks!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: DS Finished Potty Training But...

• maybe a stool for his legs?

Little Rose is 2 1/2.
  • imagefredalina:

Just have him practice.  And practice.  And practice.  Make it a no-pressure approach: "We're just going to practice now!" in a really upbeat voice. 

Charlotte was scared to death to sit on the toilet without a kid seat.  She had a little spill on one of those fold-up things and thought she was falling in, and wouldn't go near it for months and months.  We tried just practicing once a day, then after she got more comfy, she finally peed one day.  Now she can go without the potty seat all the time if she wants (we still use it most of the time in public for sanitary reasons).

Good idea!  I never thought to practice...lol.
    Praying this little one sticks!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you tried sitting him on it backwards so he's straddling the seat? He might feel more comfortable and less like he's going to fall in? 
    Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"