November 2011 Moms
Options

Scheduling hair appt before due date.

Hello, I want to get my hair done one last time before little man's arrival.  I figure I'll be uncomfortable and feeling less than fabulous so I thought a little pampering might help.  I currently have it for one week prior to his due date but now I'm worried that might be cutting it too close and thinking maybe I should do two.  How far ahead would you schedule? 

Re: Scheduling hair appt before due date.

• Options
    I am due on Nov. 10th and scheduling my last appt for Nov. 1st - so a little more than a week but less than two.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm getting mine trimmed up about a month before my due date.  I don't do anything with my hair, but I figure it will be after the first of the year before I will be able to get back in.  On the bump check list they have get a managable hair cut??  Is anyone doing this??  My hair is pretty straight and is half way down my back.  I just figure I will toss it up in a clip or pony tail like I always do.  Don't think I will be getting a pixi or something where you just wash it and go. 
    image image Siggy Challange: Before and After 2 Days old Image and video hosting by TinyPic Almost 9 Months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagephelpsam:
    On the bump check list they have get a managable hair cut??  Is anyone doing this??  My hair is pretty straight and is half way down my back.  I just figure I will toss it up in a clip or pony tail like I always do.  Don't think I will be getting a pixi or something where you just wash it and go. 

Yeah I can't part with my hair for a short cut just yet...although I know I won't have the time to do my hair anymore so that may change, but for now I'm keeping it as is.  Just going to do a trim and color touch up. 

• Options
    imageGnomeLuv:

imagephelpsam:
    On the bump check list they have get a managable hair cut??  Is anyone doing this??  My hair is pretty straight and is half way down my back.  I just figure I will toss it up in a clip or pony tail like I always do.  Don't think I will be getting a pixi or something where you just wash it and go. 

Yeah I can't part with my hair for a short cut just yet...although I know I won't have the time to do my hair anymore so that may change, but for now I'm keeping it as is.  Just going to do a trim and color touch up. 

When I was talking to SO's daughter about making this appointment I ask her if she wanted to go too.  She had some highlights put in the front of her hair and they looked horrible so I took her a few weeks ago to have them dyed back.  She has noticed that the light color is showing so I told her I could have it clored dark agian to hide it.

Her brother ask me then what my natural hair color is.  I just looked at him like duh!!  I told him dark brown almost black.  He just stares at me and says " you don't dye your hair"  I told him NO.  I'm going to be 32 in December and I do not dye my hair (yet) is that so hard to beleive?

image image Siggy Challange: Before and After 2 Days old Image and video hosting by TinyPic Almost 9 Months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have a list of things that have to be done before LO comes, and "get hair cut" is one of them.  I had short hair until about February.  Then I let it grow so that I could just pull it back in a ponytail when LO comes.  I can't take the time to "do" my hair.  I have to put it back.  I think I'm scheduling one for early October, but if my lady can't do it, I will go to the salon I have been to before and have them do it in November. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm due October 30th and will be getting a haricut right before my sprinkle which is on the 8th.
  • Options
    I'm cutting mine kinda close... I'm due 11/11/11 and have my last hair appointment scheduled fro 10/28.
  • Options

imagephelpsam:
    I'm getting mine trimmed up about a month before my due date.  I don't do anything with my hair, but I figure it will be after the first of the year before I will be able to get back in.  On the bump check list they have get a managable hair cut??  Is anyone doing this??  My hair is pretty straight and is half way down my back.  I just figure I will toss it up in a clip or pony tail like I always do.  Don't think I will be getting a pixi or something where you just wash it and go. 

I did that before I got pregnant. I cut off 18 inches to donate to Locks of Love. I read somewhere the worst time to "try something new" with your hair is when you are pregnant.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Options

My final hair cut before LO is 2 weeks before my due date. They know if I'm not there or cancel that I've had the baby and can't come due to being in the hospital.

We are doing newborn/family pictures once LO is born, so I'd like to have decent hair.

Plus, it's going to be my last professional/salon I really like, hair cut for a LONG time. I've decided that's one of the things I will cut from my normal routine once LO comes. I want to save money where I can, and that's an easy choice for me. I'll go somewhere cheap or have my MIL cut it when we see her (she is a hair stylist but lives 2 hours away).

• Options
    My due date is November 12th and I have a hair appointment schedule for October 27th....so 2 1/2 weeks ahead. I have no way of knowing if I'll go early or late but that date should do for having fresh highlights:) I think we all deserve this:)

DS #1 Jimmer Jack Born 11/7/11

MC #1 - 4/16/14 - 5 weeks 1 day

MC #2  - 5/23/14 - 5 weeks 2 days

MC #3 - 7/29/14 - 5 weeks 4 days

DS #2 Jordy William Born 5/28/15

#3 EDD 9/2/16

• Options
    I scheduled mine 1 1/2 weeks before due date.
  • Options

I'm due 11/7, and I'm planning for my final cut/highlights around Oct 15 for a wedding that DH and I are attending.  I need a haircut badly right now but I figure it is worth waiting a few more weeks so that it looks good for the wedding and is a bit closer to my due date. 

Toddler Turtle - November 2011
    Baby Turtle - November 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"