May 2011 Moms

NBR: Recommend your food processor

Anyone really love (or hate, I guess!) their food processor?  I've never had one and I think I'd like to get one.  My goal (I don't know if it's realistic?) is to be able to chop tomatoes with it, so it'd need a nice, sharp blade.  I want to make salsa without investing HOURS in chopping tomatoes and onions... 

Thanks!
Boy #1, born 6/5/2011
Boy #2, born 8/27/2014

Currently... Pregnant with mo/di BOY TWINS!  Due September 15.  Latest induction will be 37w.

Re: NBR: Recommend your food processor

• I love my Cuisinart food processor... but would never dirty the whole thing just for salsa. If you're planning on using it for an array of things - then you can't go wrong with a Cuisinart.

BUT I have to suggest this little gadget if you want it for quick chops like for a salsa:

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/veggiechop-vegetable-chopper/?pkey=cfruit-vegetable-tools

It's small and easy to clean, which I love. You just pull it out of the cabinet, pop your veggies in, and pull the lever. PLUS it's only 20 bucks! Maybe it's just me, but I love that you have to use man power to use it, rather than just pushing a button. I feel like you get a more personalized consistency that way. The electric choppers are awesome too, by the way. It's all preference. But if you are only looking to make salsa, you can't beat it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love my cuisinart immersion blender, but it's better suited to tomato soup than salsa. Wink Great for baby food.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"