Hawaii Babies
Options

$*!#&($#@ (not BR - just need to vent)

We visited the ILs yesterday. At one point, I took off my glasses (which I love) and put them on the table, then walked away to grab one of the boys.

MIL - who doesn't have great eyesight - picked them up thinking they were hers. She couldn't work out why things remained blurry when she looked through them, so she kept polishing them harder and harder with her shirt, until she finally figured out that "whoopsie, these aren't my glasses!"

All that heavy, scratchy shirt polishing left a big azz scratch across one of my lenses. So now I have to get the lens replaced, which will cost more than the glasses did in the first place.

I know she didn't do it on purpose, but I'm not feeling very friendly toward MIL right now. Angry

Re: $*!#&($#@ (not BR - just need to vent)

• Options
    grrrrrrrrrrr... so not acceptable!  Did she at least offer you money for it?
  • Options

imageMrsNJSwimmer:

I was just going to ask the same thing

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    | Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG.  How annoying! 
  • Options
    Aww, that sucks.  Does she even know that she scratched them?
  • Options
    Boo, that sucks!  Did she realize what she did?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMauiBride2008:

imageMrsNJSwimmer:

I was just going to ask the same thing

No. Just kind of said, "Whoops, sorry!" when I said they'd been scratched. Her glasses are covered in little scratches (now I know why!) so I'm guessing it's not a big deal to her and she doesn't get why it's a problem for me...or most people!

• Options
    Could your husband maybe say something to her?
  • Options
    awww that is totally annoying but I'm guessing you can't really say anything to her about it now.  is the scratch really bad to where you have to get the lens replaced? or could you live with a slightly annoying scratch? (at least for now)
  • Options

imagePugTails3602:
    Could your husband maybe say something to her?

I haven't asked him to say anything. Our history is sooooo rocky, I guess even though I'm super annoyed, I'm not going to request that she pay for the repairs. If she'd offered I'd definitely have accepted, but I know that something like this could easily make me That Daughter In Law again (even if I'm in the right). 

imagemrspresley:
    awww that is totally annoying but I'm guessing you can't really say anything to her about it now.  is the scratch really bad to where you have to get the lens replaced? or could you live with a slightly annoying scratch? (at least for now)

I'm really fussy about my glasses. I hate the slightest smudge on them, so a few scratches (even though they're only about 1/8" across) right in the middle of my lens is making me insane. Luckily I only have to wear them when driving and watching TV, so for now I'm just living with it, but I absolutely want to get the lens replaced.

• Options

I see why you wouldn't say anything...I wouldn't either, but it would eat away at me each time I saw the scratch.  Go ahead and vent away here whenever you need :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"