Alabama Babies
Options

Possibly relocating to AL...

There's a slight possibility we may be relocating soon for DH's job.  He would be working outside of Mobile and I'd likely look for a job at a hospital in Mobile as well. 

I'd like to take a look at houses in potential neighborhoods to know what we can expect as far as housing costs, but am not sure what areas are good.  We're from Ohio and I've only driven through AL.  I'd appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks!

Re: Possibly relocating to AL...

• Options

Hi,

I live in Birmingham now, but grew up close to Mobile. I think other's can recommend areas of Mobile, but I would suggest also looking across the bay in Baldwin County, also referred to as the Eastern Shore. Try looking in Spanish Fort, Malbis, Daphne and even Fairhope. I grew up in Fairhope and if we ever got jobs in Mobile, we would live on that side of the bay.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    I don't have any rec's for Mobile b/c we live outside of Birmingham, but I'm a fellow native Ohioan who just wanted to say hi!  What part of Ohio are you from?  I grew up in Cleveland (well, the suburbs) and moved down here 5 years ago with my husband. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband and I moved from California to Mobile a few years ago for his job. I would have to agree with the previous poster, Spanish Fort and Daphne would be my ideal spots to live. However, with the husbands job that would of required a longer drive then either of us wanted. We moved outside of the city limits for the better public schools and to be close to his job as well, technically we live in Semmes. Housing prices will depend on what you are looking for and what area you are looking into. You have a few choices of hospitals, USA Medical Center, Providence, and Infirmary. Let me know if you have any questions i will do my best to answer them
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"