VBAC
Options

My baby has dropped!

With DD, during 15 hours of induction, she never went past -1 station.  She was LOT and since I was stuck in the bed it wasn't easy for her to turn to a different position and that might have contributed to my failed induction.

Well, the last few days this baby has felt lower than Sarah EVER did, and I had several people tell me I looked like I had dropped.  I had my 38 week appointment today and my midwife said the baby's head was much lower and my fundal height had dropped, too.

I had this fear that part of the reason she never dropped was I had some weirdly shaped pelvis that would have never have allowed a baby to pass through it.  I may feel like I've taken some hits to the crotch, but I'm damn happy about it right now!

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
Sarah - 12/23/2008
Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage

Re: My baby has dropped!

• Options
    Great news! I had a similar situation with my induction with DD and I have had the same fear since. This whole pregnancy I have felt like I LO is much lower and I've been doing lots of squats and pelvic thrusts to encourage her to get/stay in a good position. Is there anything you did differently with this pregnancy that you think could have helped or did it just happen?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Not really, though I think I've been on my feet more in general.

I DID chase down some doofus who left his ATM card in the machine I was about to use yesterday, though.  I waddle-ran for nearly a block.  I don't recommend that, though, I really didn't feel good after that.  HA!

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageGeekchick921:

Not really, though I think I've been on my feet more in general.

I DID chase down some doofus who left his ATM card in the machine I was about to use yesterday, though.  I waddle-ran for nearly a block.  I don't recommend that, though, I really didn't feel good after that.  HA!

This made me chuckle.  Way to be a good citizen....and further your labor.  : - ). 

Good Luck!

• Options
    Great news!  Can't wait to hear how the birth goes!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    Hi Geeks!  I had the same thing with DD1.  She never came down and was never ever low enough to even bother my bladder.  This time around, the little man has been low for weeks and I can hardly walk.  I'm hoping this is a good sign that a VBAC might be in the cards for me!  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"