C-sections

Can you watch your c section?

I had to be put under for mine.  But I remember seeing a mirror at some point.  But I honestly can't remember if that was in the L/D room or the OR.

Re: Can you watch your c section?

• Look up "Family Centered Cesarean" on you tube there is a great video that shows a "Natural Cesarean." If I have a cesarean for this delivery I will most definitely be asking that it happens this way.  They lower the screen so you can watch you baby being born and then they take the baby right to your chest for skin to skin contact and do all assessments while the baby is on your chest. The baby never leaves you side.
  • I can see wanting to watch the baby be pulled up, but as far as the whole rearranging of your internal organs, I'm note sure many women would want to see that take place.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRoxBride:
    I can see wanting to watch the baby be pulled up, but as far as the whole rearranging of your internal organs, I'm note sure many women would want to see that take place.
    Yeah, I'm with you there. I'd rather not see that part. At all.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• They put the mirror there when they pulled DD out.  It was only there for a bit for me to see.  They didn't do it when I had a c/s with DS.  DH watched the whole thing both times. Ick!
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • They put the mirror there when they pulled DD out.  It was only there for a bit for me to see.  They didn't do it when I had a c/s with DS.  DH watched the whole thing both times. Ick!
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • I didn't even know about a "family centered c/s" We'll definetly be doing this next time. My DH watched the c/s last time and he said it was the neatest thing he's ever seen. I'm not too sure how I would react. I do pretty well watching medical tv shows and I've disected quite a few things in college, but its a little different when its your own body.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My hospital won't pull down the curtain because it's part of the sterile area. I didn't watch with either boys, but my next one will be recorded so I can watch it.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • imageRoxBride:
    I can see wanting to watch the baby be pulled up, but as far as the whole rearranging of your internal organs, I'm note sure many women would want to see that take place.

DH got to see that. He knows what my ovaries look like because they were out of my body and the Dr. was very excited to show him. I was creeped out enough just hearing about it. There is no way in hell that I'd like to see that.

• I wanted to watch my c section.  I go to deliveries as part of my job so I am used to seeing them.  I asked the nurse and she said that with the angle that you are at you can't really see anything.  She offered to take pictures for me so that is what we did.  We have some great pictures of the c section and of my baby being delivered. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Maybe I'm weird, but I think it'd be kind of cool to see. There are lots of ifs as to whether we'll have a third and whether I'll go for a VBAC; if I end up doing another c/s, I will totally ask about being able to see it one way or another.

But when I had a vaginal birth with DD1 and my OB asked if I wanted to see the placenta afterwards, I said yes and thought it was pretty neat, as far as internal organs go. ;)

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • The nurse anesthetist took pictures for me. At the time I thought it was bizarre, but I love having them now. It's so weird seeing a giant slit in my belly with his head peeking out. I wish it had been recorded! I was a little nauseous so I don't think I would have wanted to actually see it as it was happening, but I would have liked to watch it later. 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • I love the idea of them putting baby on your chest...and watching the c-section! I will ask the dr. about this in the future!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I could see the reflection in the light above me with my first section.  I can't say that I didn't watch it for awhile to make sure what I was seeing was for real.  

I did tell my OB at one of my pp appointments and she apologized and said she tries to make sure that the reflections can't be seen.  It happens.

• My nerves and reaction to the medicine (spinal) make me very nauseous so I don't think I could handle watching my c-section while it's happening.  (I actually threw up a couple of times during my second c-section - yuck!)  I have watched videos of c-sections online because I was curious about what was going on, but that's about as far as I think I can go.  I have always enjoyed seeing the baby being held up over the curtain to see them as soon as they were coming out, but I like the idea of having the baby on my chest (I do wonder about the sterile area though....).  This time I'm getting my tubes tied so I'll be in the OR longer and with my history of nausea I don't think I want to press my luck with watching any of the surgery.  :)
    Jen Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageRoxBride:

I would want to see it. I curious to know what I look like on the inside. But then I'm a weird into science and the human body type of gal.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• imageRoxBride:

I would want to see it. I curious to know what I look like on the inside. But then I'm a weird into science and the human body type of gal.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"