May 2011 Moms
Options

Ladies with Ergo carriers

Ok last time I tried to put LO in it,it was pretty much bad,because as soon as I put her in it she started crying. It sounded like she was hurt when her legs were spread like that. We?ve tried it we the infant insert before but she didnt like that either. SInce she is almost four months now I think we could try again. Do you ladies think it?s just taking some time to get LO used to it? Do you think I can use the carrier without the infant insert already? She has pretty decent head control already.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!image

Re: Ladies with Ergo carriers

• Options
    have you tried rolling up a blanket and putting it under her butt to give her a boost?

**Kelly***

image image
    Visit The Nest!

• Options
    No I have not tried this yet but it just seemed like it bothered her very much that her legs were spread like this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageweddingcaketaster:
    have you tried rolling up a blanket and putting it under her butt to give her a boost?

this.  It will boost her up so her legs only have to spread around your waist - your narrowest part- rather than your hips.

Children should be seen, and heard, and believed. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Since you have the infant insert take out the "pillow" that is on the bottom of the insert and use that to boost her up.  I use it with DD and it lifts her up just enough to sit comfortably.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I don't use anything - I just put him straight in. Sometimes he'll cry for a minute, but generally he then falls asleep within 5. He hasn't shown any problem with having his legs out - I think I've had them out about a month already.

Don't give up if she cries right when she's put in. Walk around the block. If she's still crying, then I believe she hates it.

• Options
    We never used the insert thingy....bad parents we are.  LO usually takes a few times to get used to any new toy or thing we give/try with her. Start out with 2 or 3 minutes, then 5, then 7..10 +++.  My LO will now ride in it all day.  She never falls asleep with me, but does all the time with DH.
  • Options
    We use it without anything.  He usually fusses for a second when we put him in, but he adjusts in a minute and then usually falls asleep.  If she's crying constantly when you put her in it, though, maybe her little legs aren't big enough to use it without the insert yet.  We don't have the insert, so no advice there on what to do.
  • Options

I just started using the Ergo a few weeks ago now that I feel D is big enough. Before I wrapped him but not so often because of the heat here and no air conditioning in the summer. Now that it's cooler I wear him at least once a day. It did take him a little getting used to. Just try doing it when she's already happy and wearing her around the house for a little bit to get her used to it. Definitely don't try to force her to do it if she's already upset.

Also, D is really big. She may still be a bit too small for it. I don't know how big she is but he's 17lbs (almost 8 kilo) and I just now am feeling that he is big enough. Do you have any wraps?

• Options
    imagejazzyag:

imageweddingcaketaster:

this.  It will boost her up so her legs only have to spread around your waist - your narrowest part- rather than your hips.

wow thanks! i just got my ERGO and i felt sad that he seemed to little for it!

DS  Desmond Alexander 6.9.11

DD  Vivienne Elena   12.16.13

? EDD 3/29/2018

• Options
    We have a beco gemini, and my DD didn't care for it until about 4 months. Before that she prefered the sleepy wrap. I would give it another try.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DS is still too little for it without the insert. I've tried it without a few times and he cries until I put him back in the insert, but with his legs out. If you're still trying the insert with legs froggied in, you can spread them out now or use a rolled up blanket like pp said. DS likes his legs out, just not spread so far yet.

Also, try walking outside as soon as you put her in. DS doesn't usually like to be worn inside the house, but as soon as I walk outside he calms down. I guess either my house is too boring or he likes the fresh air. The lady at the baby store recommended going outside too if he's fussy when I first put him in.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't use the insert with DD but she's got great head control and is almost 17 pounds already.  She usually cries for a few minutes when I put her in but calms down and falls asleep soon after.
  • Options
    I had the same problem - baby didn't like her legs at that wide an angle, with or without the infant insert. I tried it again this weekend, with the insert for some structure, and it was fine for her - but my did it get heavy after a while! I have to say that while I love the idea of baby wearing, it's just not that comfortable if you have to be out and about for longer than an hour. At least for me Hmm
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"