Baby Showers
Options

Shower invite wording

My mom is making my shower invites and wanted some help with the wording.  She plans on doing snack/appetizer types of food and wants to make sure the guest know this.  She doesn't want ppl to think there getting a meal like at my bridal shower, we had a full meal plus snacks,appetizers and desserts.  This was about a year ago so ppl still remember and comment about it.  

TIA

Re: Shower invite wording

• Options

If you aren't serving a full meal, then your shower needs to be at a time that isn't a regular meal time.  People will get the hint. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What time is the shower? If your baby shower is at 2 and your bridal shower was at 5, I'm sure your guests are going to expect very different things food-wise.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The time hasn't been set yet. I was thinking a 1 or 2 start time.  My bridal shower was at noon. 
  • Options

imageMel713:
    The time hasn't been set yet. I was thinking a 1 or 2 start time.  My bridal shower was at noon. 

I would suggest to the hostess to start the party at 2pm.  That way you won't have to worry about wording on the invitation because no one will expect a meal at 2pm.  At 1pm some might expect lunch.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    You can put something along the lines of "refreshments will be served" or "light refreshments will be served" that way your guests know they will get some snacks and drinks but nothing too big.
  • Options

I agree that the time of the shower is the way to convey what will be served. 2 pm is a safe bet that a meal will not be served.

2012 Races: 3/18 Shamrock Shuffle 5k; 4/14 E.R. Race for Autism 5k (PR! 25:58); 6/9 Riudoso Sprint Triathlon; 6/24 Chunky Monkey 10K; 7/29 Cochiti Lake Olympic Triathlon; 9/16 Chips & Salsa 1/2 Marathon; 10/21 Duke City 1/2 Marathon; 12/2 Rock & Roll 1/2 Marathon in Vegas!
  • Options

agreed, the time of the shower will imply the types of food served.

my baby shower is at 1pm, we are hosting a light lunch:  sub sandwiches, salad, potato salad, pasta salad... so if people are hungry there will be plenty to eat... but if people ate before, they can pick and choose smaller portions.

i'd say 2pm would be a good time for light app's

edit: wording could go something like 

"please join us for appetizers and refreshments at 2pm"  yada yada..

i'm not sure exactly what "refreshments" mean per say.. but to me i think just drinks not apps

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

image000krissy:
    You can put something along the lines of "refreshments will be served" or "light refreshments will be served" that way your guests know they will get some snacks and drinks but nothing too big.

Yes

• Options
    I like the "light refreshments" wording.  Everyone in my family would expect a meal regardless of the time of the shower (even a 2 pm start time).  We ALWAYS have a meal so it is expected.  lol 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"