May 2011 Moms

Does your 4 month old roll over?

Just wondering.....that was one of the questions asked at LO's 4 month checkup.  LO rolls to her back or stomach if already on her side but does not yet do a complete roll.

Re: Does your 4 month old roll over?

• M only goes half way too. usually back to side.
    imageimage
  • Will has only rolled over twice from tummy to back.  He can only roll onto his side when he's on his back. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes. She's all over the place now.  Last week at our 4 month, she was only rolling back to belly. He said to give her more floor time and now she's all over the place.  Her brother walked at 10 months so I'm happy to slow this stage down but I don't see that happening!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DS rolls from tummy to back sometimes.  I think it depends on where his elbows are. He's working on back to tummy and is sooo close.  He just needs to get over his elbow.  He's getting frustrated working on it, and the entire lower body is there.

He'll be 4 months on Monday. 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Front to back (and not always, just sometimes), but not back to front. He doesn't like being on his front.
  • Ben roll back to belly all the time, and he can roll belly to back- I've seen him do it at least a dozen times... but he'd rather scream until I roll him over.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Nope :-(

I am trying not to be worried, because I know the whole "it can take up to 6 months" thing... but LO really doesn't roll at all.  He is just super content to be in any position that we put him in.  When on his back, he kicks like crazy and grabs his feet, toys, puts everything in his mouth, etc.. but he really doesn't have much interest in rolling at all.  He even scootches around in a 180*-360* circle, but all on his back.  When on his stomach for tummy time, he will hold his head up, look in a mirror and laugh, looks around, etc.. but then he lays his head down and starts sucking his thumb.  He's very adorable, but just not very motivated to change it up :-) 

What is really interesting to me is that on the day he turned three months old, he started rolling over in his crib.  He would roll from belly to back and then lay there and laugh (at 4am).  He did this on three consecutive nights all at 4 am, and has never done it since for the past month.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Silas turns 4 months next week and rolls both ways. I can't leave him anywhere!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagealliejoe:
    Ben roll back to belly all the time, and he can roll belly to back- I've seen him do it at least a dozen times... but he'd rather scream until I roll him over.

This! Avrie has been doing back to tummy since 2.5 months and tummy to back since 3 months. She's had a super strong neck since the 2 week too though.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DD has been going belly to back for a little over a month.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • tummy to back for quite some time.  she rolls back to side, but never makes it onto her tummy.
  • imageNothingLikeBarbie:
    Silas turns 4 months next week and rolls both ways. I can't leave him anywhere!

DD rolls well too. Tummy time doesn't last very long, because she just rolls herself over after a few minutes. She can roll both ways, but usually saves the back to front roll for nap/bed time. The fight for control has already begun.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • He goes both directions.

I kind of hate it because now, when we put him in his crib, he immediately rolls face down and stays there. Very unnerving!

• Noah: used to go belly to back, now goes back to belly every time we put him down, but seems to have forgotten how to go back now.

Elijah: has rolled belly to back just a few times but I don't think he meant to do it!

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • She is obsessed with rolling from back to tummy.  We can almost never keep her on her back.  Tummy to back rarely happens, she has to have her elbows in the perfect place.
  • Just tummy to back a few times since last week (her first rollover!). 

She's about 3 1/2 mo old, so she might be rolling back to tummy by her 4mo checkup

• Thanks for your replies.  I guess I have to wait a bit longer to see the complete roll!
  • Don't stress about it.  All kids develop at different rates. :)

• Logan started rolling onto his side about 2 weeks ago, last night he rolled onto his belly for the first time. This morning he kept doing it over and over LOL...And he laughed when he got on his belly, and he use to HATE tummy time :)

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD just started rolling back to tummy this week.  She's been rolling tummy to back for a few weeks now.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • imagetoadstool:

imageNothingLikeBarbie:
    Silas turns 4 months next week and rolls both ways. I can't leave him anywhere!

DD rolls well too. Tummy time doesn't last very long, because she just rolls herself over after a few minutes. She can roll both ways, but usually saves the back to front roll for nap/bed time. The fight for control has already begun.

Seriously, tummy time is a joke here! If I put him down for TT he just flips right back over. I kind of miss my little baby who didn't move, lol. I am so not ready for a mobile baby.
    My friend brought over her 5 month old who was already crawling and it was a tad overwhelming.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Evan cannot roll back to tummy (yet), but has had the tummy to back roll down pat for about a week now. He'll be 4 mos next week.

I'm not looking forward to when he can roll back to tummy as it coincides with saying goodbye to the swaddle. So as far as I'm concerned, he can take his sweet time! lol

For peace of mind, I ordered my AngelCare monitor for when he DOES start rolling at night. He's also about to outgrow his bassinet, so he'll be moving to his room.  So many changes!

• Mine rolled tummy to back for the first time just 4 days before she turned 4 months old. She hasn't gone back to tummy yet.
  • My daughter will be 4 months old on Sunday and has never rolled either way.  Don't feel bad.  They will figure it out soon! 
  • My daughter hasn't rolled either way either.  She has pivoted 90 degrees twice, like she was trying to roll.  She just doesn't seem very interested in it.  Eventually she will, and then I'll be missing the days when she wasn't going anywhere!
    BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My LO rolls both ways and has for about a week.  The pedi was surprised when I told her that today (although she asked).  She said it's not common and that most babies roll sometime during the fourth month.
  • Silas has zero interest in moving from the position we put him in. I am completely okay with this, I like being able to put him somewhere and not have to worry about finding him on the other side of the room! It will happen in time.

Started Dating 12/7/01
    Married 6/6/09
    DS 5/11/11
    DD 9/13/13

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DD hasn't rolled either direction yet.  She'll be 4 months next week.
  • nak: ds started rolling last week & now he's all over the place. We have his 4 month check up on Monday.
  • DD has been rolling (both ways) since she was 2 months old!   She rolled back to tummy first, too.

DS didn't roll until he was like 5 or 6 months old.  All babies are different.

• imagekristennd:

He goes both directions.

I kind of hate it because now, when we put him in his crib, he immediately rolls face down and stays there. Very unnerving!

This exactly!  She sleeps face down with her hands over her mouth knocking out the paci! 

• C has rolled over before but that was a while ago and he now isn't too interested in going any further than his side.  He can easily roll from side to side, laying on his back, and then he just stops there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"