Potty Training
Options

When to stop using pull-ups?

I potty trained LO in pull-ups and she is getting very consistent about going to the bathroom to pee and the poop is about half way potty trained. At the moment we average 2 pull ups a day. And the few times we have to change the pull-up it has been for trickles and not full on accidents.

Once LO is down to one pull up a day with no accidents, how long do I let her keep wearing the pull ups before switching her to underwear? 

Re: When to stop using pull-ups?

• Options
    I would switch now, panties will hold a trickle and are cheaper than pull-ups.

Little Rose is 2 1/2.
  • Options
    Pull ups tend to slow down potty training, Go all in.  There will probably be a few accidents but kids tend get 100% faster in underwear than pullups.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO completely freaked out over peeing on herself and would get hysterical over every accident when I did a cold switch from diapers to panties. I was completely convinced that I was not going to go the pull up route but in the end that was the best decision for us. I gave panties a week and then tried pull-ups. Within a week of pull-ups she was peeing every time we went to the potty and then a week later we could even leave the house for short errands without any accidents. Now is the third week in pull-ups and so far three days of one pull-up per day...so maybe Sunday we will go for the panties (not Saturday because she'll be with her dad and the last time she spent a few hours with him, they went through 6 pull-ups...).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"