Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Night #2 of no-poo (Baking soda + ACV)

Last night, I used baking soda and ACV to no-poo, and tonight I needed to at least rinse b/c I have to get all the allergens out of my hair from being outside.  So, instead of using the baking soda again, I just rinsed really well under warm water and then followed with a ACV rinse.  I don't know if I should have used it or not, but usually if I rinse my hair w/o shampooing I condition too...thought it made sense.

I honestly wasn't crazy about how my hair felt today.  It wasn't terrible, but I was expecting it to feel softer based off of everything I had read.  It's definitely SHADES lighter, so it really makes me wonder how much gunk came out of it last night.  Tonight, after just rinsing and ACV, it feels softer than it did today, so I'm hoping that it's all just part of the detox.

I can't give up my hairspray.  I just have too many odd lengths from my pp hair loss regrowth and can't stand it in my face, but it feels like just the rinsing  and ACV got most (all?) of it out tonight.  I'm not sure how this type of product will impact my detox process, but we'll see how it goes.

Re: Night #2 of no-poo (Baking soda + ACV)

• Options

Are you just using ACV just on the ends, or all over?

I find I can only condition the ends...otherwise it felt gross after a day and got greasy around my scalp.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Interesting.  I used it all over.  Maybe I'll have to try just the ends.  Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Most people will wash with just water if they need to. Rinsing with vinegar is fine but I wouldn't' make a habit of it.

As far as hairspray I recommend making your own! This is the recipe I use and it works just as good as store bought stuff but with no yucky ingredients. Plus it's fine for no 'poo

https://thepistachioproject.blogspot.com/2010/02/homemade-hairspray.html

Brittany: mommy to Logan 06/06, Ransom 07/07, Everly 11/10 and another girl due 11/17/12 image
  • Options

Did your scalp feel funny after you started no-pooing?

I did BS/ACV last night and my head feels funny today.  I'm not sure if it's because I have the compulsion to go lather up and scrub clean.  It feels like I'm wearing a hat, and my hair is fluffed up.  Weird, weird sensation.  And I must say my head feels dirty but when I feel my hair and scalp they feel clean to the touch.

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Options
    can you use the sugar hairspray for ironing? (like to put in curls or flat iron...and it works?) Just curious.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"